Joshhh
Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Smith: We need a good pre-season under our belts
New recruit Jeremy Smith joined the Newcastle Knights for their first training session of the 2013 season on Friday.
Smith, who was forced to withdraw from the New Zealand team last month after injuring his shoulder, said he is ready to get stuck in to the pre-season.
“I had a small tear in my muscle but that is all sorted now,” he said.
“I am really looking forward to working under Wayne (Bennett) again and getting out there to play.”
Smith who joins the Knights from the Cronulla Sharks after signing a three-year contract with the Club, said he has already fallen in love with Newcastle.
“Wayne (Bennett) said to me from the very start that Newcastle is just like a bigger Wollongong,” Smith said.
“I have had a good look around and the beaches are quite nice. I can’t wait to get a surfboard and get out there.
“I am still in the process of moving here and hopefully I will have that sorted soon."
Smith said while he is excited for the upcoming season, there is still a long way to go and the team needs to focus on getting through the pre-season.
“We need a good pre-season under our belts and go from there,” the 32-year-old said.
“There are some good older players and young blokes coming through who are certainly good prospects for the future.
“I have played against most of them and am looking forward to getting to know them all.”
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news-display/Smith-We-need-a-good-preseason-under-our-belts/65604
New recruit Jeremy Smith joined the Newcastle Knights for their first training session of the 2013 season on Friday.
Smith, who was forced to withdraw from the New Zealand team last month after injuring his shoulder, said he is ready to get stuck in to the pre-season.
“I had a small tear in my muscle but that is all sorted now,” he said.
“I am really looking forward to working under Wayne (Bennett) again and getting out there to play.”
Smith who joins the Knights from the Cronulla Sharks after signing a three-year contract with the Club, said he has already fallen in love with Newcastle.
“Wayne (Bennett) said to me from the very start that Newcastle is just like a bigger Wollongong,” Smith said.
“I have had a good look around and the beaches are quite nice. I can’t wait to get a surfboard and get out there.
“I am still in the process of moving here and hopefully I will have that sorted soon."
Smith said while he is excited for the upcoming season, there is still a long way to go and the team needs to focus on getting through the pre-season.
“We need a good pre-season under our belts and go from there,” the 32-year-old said.
“There are some good older players and young blokes coming through who are certainly good prospects for the future.
“I have played against most of them and am looking forward to getting to know them all.”
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news-display/Smith-We-need-a-good-preseason-under-our-belts/65604







