Joshhh
Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Optimistic Bennett returns to training
The Newcastle Knights have spent the past two weeks preparing for the arrival of Wayne Bennett, who on Tuesday took his team through their first pre-season skills session of 2013.
“They all look tremendous but there is still a long way to go and a lot more work to be done,” Bennett said.
“I am more confident about being here this time around because I know what we have, what we can do and where we are heading.
“And I am looking forward to it all.”
Bennett said while disappointed with the results of last season, he is optimistic for what next year will bring.
“I would have had a lot more grief and disappointment had we finished the season the way we started playing,” the coach explained.
“We got better towards the end and it gave me a lot more confidence as I am sure it did these guys.
“If we get everything right and go out there with the right attitude every week then we can be a top team.
“If we don’t do that we know what the consequences are.”
For 2013, the Knights have recruited experienced campaigners Jeremy Smith, Beau Scott and David Fa’alogo and re-signed Willie Mason and Danny Buderus.
“They bring that reputation for being the guys that lead from the front and have the attributes you need in the game,” he said.
“I love experienced players because you know what they are going to bring you and these guys are top shelf players.
“And there was no better player for us last year than Danny, and Willie wasn’t far behind him.”
Bennett hopes that at the Knights he can build a team like he did at the Brisbane Broncos, with older experienced players bringing through the young players.
“Tyrone Roberts is the perfect example of that and is our long-time project,” he added.
“He is a wonderful young talent who got the opportunity to play NRL on a regular basis and you saw that he has a lot more confidence now.”
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news-display/Optimistic-Bennett-returns-to-training/66516
Video in link^
The Newcastle Knights have spent the past two weeks preparing for the arrival of Wayne Bennett, who on Tuesday took his team through their first pre-season skills session of 2013.
“They all look tremendous but there is still a long way to go and a lot more work to be done,” Bennett said.
“I am more confident about being here this time around because I know what we have, what we can do and where we are heading.
“And I am looking forward to it all.”
Bennett said while disappointed with the results of last season, he is optimistic for what next year will bring.
“I would have had a lot more grief and disappointment had we finished the season the way we started playing,” the coach explained.
“We got better towards the end and it gave me a lot more confidence as I am sure it did these guys.
“If we get everything right and go out there with the right attitude every week then we can be a top team.
“If we don’t do that we know what the consequences are.”
For 2013, the Knights have recruited experienced campaigners Jeremy Smith, Beau Scott and David Fa’alogo and re-signed Willie Mason and Danny Buderus.
“They bring that reputation for being the guys that lead from the front and have the attributes you need in the game,” he said.
“I love experienced players because you know what they are going to bring you and these guys are top shelf players.
“And there was no better player for us last year than Danny, and Willie wasn’t far behind him.”
Bennett hopes that at the Knights he can build a team like he did at the Brisbane Broncos, with older experienced players bringing through the young players.
“Tyrone Roberts is the perfect example of that and is our long-time project,” he added.
“He is a wonderful young talent who got the opportunity to play NRL on a regular basis and you saw that he has a lot more confidence now.”
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news-display/Optimistic-Bennett-returns-to-training/66516
Video in link^