What do we think of the new logo for 2008

RBNEWC

Peter Malcolm
Hi Guys,
Im new to the forum...My name is Dan, i am a huge fan, just like the rest of u!
I kinda have some friends in the Knights admin and they feed me some new stuff when they can...So I hope i can add something to the forum cause it looks really cool!

This will be our new logo for 2008... I am not sure if you have discovered it and portrayed it on the forum yet... Everything I am saying might be old news...but let me know! They have done the Brisbane thing and just added taken the logo and added the name of the city underneath...It is very similiar, i am glad they havent changed the Knight, it is kinda our identity. And notice the grey in the curve on the right hand side and on the mask of the Knight....

The mail I am getting is that the away jersey will not be RED next season but GREY with red and blue supplements...now when I got this info they were only in the development stage so they were choosing the GREY or RED options. They kinda introed the grey this year with the training stuff and the coaches gear. So that is the significance of the GREY in the new logo, plus the grey or 'SILVER' as my mate is saying they are calling it (because of the Knights armour) will make an appearance in the home jersey as a supplementry colour...so I cant wait for them to release it. It should be released before Chrissy...after the Wests Tigers announced theirs, Penrith are coming soon and us, so something to look forward to.

Also we are apparently changing clothing sponsors from ISC to someone else, but they wouldnt tell me cause nothing had be signed or confirmed...but the change is apparently from the players who hated the weird cross weave shirts they gave us (the only club of all the ISC clubs in the NRL). The material was changed mid season, and now they are on sale at the Knights shop...for $25 mind u...great bargain!

Anyways, it is mostly speculation at this point, but dont look for the retro older looks for the new jersey, i have a feeling that it will be more a splashing or merging type of design for the red and blue with outlines of black and silver...


Its in all of the PDF files on the Knights site for the 2008 rego and members stuff!

[/img]
 
Hi .... First of all Welcome!! Great to get more people here.

On the Logo, Yea we realised it on the Rego forms aswell. Same with the change from ISC.

Didnt know about the jersey though.. Interesting that we might have grey.. Hope they dont over do it.. i thought it might be released when our pre-season kicks off next week?.. Cant wait to see the Jersey's though.
 
Alil Grey wont be too bad... would look good actually, coz i dont really like our away jersey.

But they should shouldnt add grey to the home one, that would kill it!
 
Yeah it is that logo that you linked to
I was trying to upload it but i am having probs..
I am sure I will learn...it is late!

Thanks for the welcomes 2
 
i see you changed ur avatar, u might want to resize them.... if you used image shack there is an option below upload.

The logo on the blue background doesnt look too bad, but i dont like the one on the white bakg.
 
Nah I still thik grey would be bad its doesnt go with red and blue, especially the red of our away jerseys. y can't y just stick 2 team colours i really hope they do
 
Hey mate. Welcome to the forum, good to have new people, especially someone with links to the inside. :p

As for the new logo's, i don't mind it as much, but i would still prefer the ones we have now. I'm just not too fond of how newcastle is under knights, id rather it on top.

And for the new jerseys, I think James said somewhere before that a rumour was that it was going to be made by 'Cougar Apparel'. I'm glad they're changing our away jersey, it was too red for my liking. Can't wait to see them.
 
That's why the Sharks went back to their heritage jersey - grey ain't good! I'll reserve judgment till I see it, but I'm not mad on the idea of grey.
 
I like the home logo alot, but am not too fond of the away one yet, probaly will grow on me. Can't wait till they relese the new jerseys.
 
I have just found out that the NRL 100 Centenary Logo (either a part or the entire logo) will feature above the NRL logo on all jerseys this year.

The NRL have to approve the jersey and the positioning of the logo before it goes out. Apparently they are fairly tight on that kind of thing, remember the old oval Telstra premiership badge (before the current one introed last season) had to have the TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP part in blue and a white rectangular background. Now some clubs with darker backgrounds, like us just put the TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP in white writing... the NRL and Telstra didnt like that at all...thats why all the clubs had to change...
So this is something that the NRL are pining over now.

This is the logo
centenary.jpg


You can c it on the Wests Tigers new jerseys (which are really bland by the way) on their website.

Cheers
 
Back
Top