Tyson Frizell

I don't see the Dragons even entertaining replacing Graham with King.

They would just laugh at us.
If Dragons are holding out for a test level prop jumping at the chance to join them, I don't know why they are even having the discussion. They are never going to get a "like for like" replacement in the next few weeks.

If Dragons are holding out for a test level prop jumping at the chance to join them, I don't know why they are even having the discussion. They are never going to get a "like for like" replacement in the next few weeks.

Like for like isn't likely.

But I hardly think they will entertain replacing Graham with Josh King either.

Don’t know what Dragons squad is like but surely other than Debelin they must have someone in squad of 30, they are not going to get a player from another club that’s top notch, got to take what’s offered or fall back on your reserves.

Never know who will become available before the pre-30 June deadline though. Should be some decent players available. Might be a few who are willing to move to get any game time at all, with NSW cup gone for the year.

Never know who will become available before the pre-30 June deadline though. Should be some decent players available. Might be a few who are willing to move to get any game time at all, with NSW cup gone for the year.

It is pretty crazy to think that every rugby league player in the world is currently sitting out doing nothing unless they're in the NRL's 16 17-man squads each week.

Believe junior football starts up in July but our reserves and local Newcastle seniorS will remain as is.
Can’t see any reason why they can’t resume, especially our Canterbury Cup side when home and away commences and crowds start attending, surely the powers that cancelled can surely reverse the decision, possibly play 10 rounds then semis and finals.

Don’t know what Dragons squad is like but surely other than Debelin they must have someone in squad of 30, they are not going to get a player from another club that’s top notch, got to take what’s offered or fall back on your reserves.

I think they have a bloke by the name of Eddie Blacker who may have recently been NSW cup prop of the year or something like that? Would probably slot in before guys like Saulo etc.

Frizzell will be a great pick up imo.
He does a lot of work watching him now,
-leads the kick chase
-defends well
-seems to always be close to the ball
-can offload
-averages over 120m
-plays 80
And this is in a poorly performing team this year.

I think people will be saying the complete opposite next year when he’s in a decent pack unlike St George. Was one of the Blues better players. Didn’t help that he wasn’t getting decent ball cause our halves were dogsh*t most of the series.

I still think he will be good for us, I just think his absolute best days are behind him.

always loved him as a player, one of those guys I always wished played for us, then it actually happens

Well if Frizell wants company, the Dragons have released Korbs. Maybe we could sign him.

No no do not throw eggs at me! :hello:

Last edited:
Just having a look at the contract info on NRL.com and the Frizell's deal is actually 2 years, with the third a player option.

Back