Try scored after ref's offside call, says Uate

Jekk

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Try scored after ref's offside call, says Uate

  • Uate said he allowed McQueen to strip the ball from him over the try line and score because a match official had called held.

Brisbane Times
 
I was in the post match media conference (buderus and Wayne) buderus mentioned about that, saying uate heard the ref call offside so he didn't play it.
 
I heard the call through the bloody camera!

Yeah, I just rewatched that bit and the offside call from the ref is clear as day.

The moral of the story? Play to the whistle. Until it gets blown, nothing is official. Uate will have learned his lesson now.
 
Yeah, I just rewatched that bit and the offside call from the ref is clear as day.

The moral of the story? Play to the whistle. Until it gets blown, nothing is official. Uate will have learned his lesson now.

I was pretty appalled but the match was pretty done and dusted by then.
 
What happened in Uate's disallowed try?

They ruled that the ball bounced and hit Gagai, then went to Uate in an Offside position.

However did it touch another Rabbits player on the way, which would have placed Uate back onside? Bit hard to see as I was watching a 34cm TV from about 15m away sitting outside haha.
 
Gagai pulled the ball forward on Boyds try, it was never going to be a try, but I thought for sure there should of been a knock on by either Inglis or Merritt.
 
Back
Top