Toohey's News

Signing Hoy now is a good move. He is improving quickly, but we'd still get him for reserve grade rates if we sign him now.
Another 10 games and we might have to add 100k a season if he goes well.
Absolutely, and Hunt is excellent value as well

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Have a feeling that we’ll keep on Watson but let Mann go at the end of year, as Hoy is basically a Mann-type utility but cheaper and with a higher ceiling.

Illustrative they are talking to Hoy and Hunt but not Crossland.

In fairness, other teams have seen more of Hoy and Hunt now that we might be fighting off more bidders for their services. Crossland is yet to make a fist of a position, so the club probably feels safer about leaving retention decisions with him for some time without some other club snapping him up. But yep, could equally be that the club has already made its decision there.

Not saying they won't throw him a bone at some point, but they obviously think there is a market for Hoy after the first few rounds.
Crossland, not so much.

Mann has at least turned around his defence from being horrible to quite solid.

Wouldn’t be a bad decision throwing him at centre while the injuries have hit the backline.

Mann has at least turned around his defence from being horrible to quite solid.

Wouldn’t be a bad decision throwing him at centre while the injuries have hit the backline.

Once Green is back we can’t carry Watson and Mann on the bench, thinking Mann could take one of the centre spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Young was going OK after a slow start, but you could see him running out of gas after about 60 and mucking up everything from then on.
He did some decent hitups, but he shouldn't do them if he is going to run out of steam halfway through the game.

Wests were there for the taking if we played them in the forwards. they were soft as in the middle, but we took them on in the backs.

Young was going OK after a slow start, but you could see him running out of gas after about 60 and mucking up everything from then on.
He did some decent hitups, but he shouldn't do them if he is going to run out of steam halfway through the game.

Wests were there for the taking if we played them in the forwards. they were soft as in the middle, but we took them on in the backs.
Yep agreed
We went away from what we did the first 2 weeks for some unknown reason. Win the ruck then play after that. We didn't do that.

I floated this idea in the preseason and from what I’ve seen of the other centre options this season, Mann playing centre is a good idea

I floated this idea in the preseason and from what I’ve seen of the other centre options this season, Mann playing centre is a good idea

I think he’s be a great centre. Good defensively (imo) and a great ball runner. Minimal passing but he can do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tuala had a couple of not so good games at the end of last season but he has been impressive so far this year i think and he looks to have put on a few kg too .

3/4
Clint Zammit and Adam O'Brien defend the signing of Jake Clifford and say he's the guy to eventually replace Pearce.

Knights sign Manly SG Ball centre/5/8 Krystian Mapapalangi who will join us after the SG Ball season is over and join our reserve grade squad. He is described as big, quick and aggressive with all the skills.

Toohey gives player of the year points 3 Watson, 2 DSaf 1 Frizzel - he now has DSaf as clear leader 2 points ahead of Best, Watson and Barnett.

The coach stood up for Shiba and said he was playing out of position and that he's a centre so we will see how he goes this week.

Back