THE GRAND FINAL VS ROOSTERS ❤️💙❤️💙❤️

This game has got me a nervous wreck.

I keep thinking of last weekend and how much I want to live in those memories.

I've been saying all year that the Roosters are a better side than Penrith this year, I genuinely hate being negative but I just can't shake the feeling.

I hope to high heaven I'm wrong and want nothing more than a Knights win, but I fear this anxious feeling won't be gone until fulltime on Sunday evening.
 
Someone kindly reminded me today that at the start of the season I had agreed to get a mullet and get it looking like Sharpe's if we won a Grand Final.. I agreed to this thinking we would be better but I was not expecting to be in a Grand Final! Its a sexy mullet so its worth it but my wife is going to shoot me 😅
 
Last edited:
Making the grand final is absolutely huge for the club.

To be frank the Knights have been thoroughly uncool for a long while, and anyone under the under the age of about 25-30 would only know them as losers.

The amount of young people I have seen around or on socials in knights gear is insane.
My just turned 22-year-old son and my 19-year-old daughter are absolutely invested in this premiership run we're on. I've tried so hard over the years to get them truly interested in us, but truth be told we have been **** their entire lives.

It's awesome seeing the young ones feeling like I did in '97 and '01.
 
I gotta say I was at Martin place and the roosters looked so on edge and the knights looked completely relaxed.
Not surprising. All the pressure is on them. Everything after Week 1 of the Finals has been a bonus for us.

Our last 2 games were against the Top 2 sides of the year with a bunch of things going against us. They’ve beaten a busted Sharks side who had given up and a Dolphins side that played their worst game of the season.

We’re gonna beat them. We’re battle hardened and have absurd amounts of momentum. They’re overrated and don’t have near the motivation we do.
 
My just turned 22-year-old son and my 19-year-old daughter are absolutely invested in this premiership run we're on. I've tried so hard over the years to get them truly interested in us, but truth be told we have been **** their entire lives.

It's awesome seeing the young ones feeling like I did in '97 and '01.
My cousin has asked me to bring a spare Knights jersey across from Perth with me. Her son, who would be about 23 now and about my size, is going to the Grand Final but does not have any jerseys or shirts despite always living in Newcastle. Just shows how unpopular the team has been these past 2 decades with all their results and wooden spoons, ect.

Lucky for him, I have an entire wardrobe full of Knights jerseys, polos, training shirts, ect..!

There's one Roosters supporter I've seen at my Jetstar gate tonight, so at the very least, there's an even weight of support for both clubs coming across..!
 
My just turned 22-year-old son and my 19-year-old daughter are absolutely invested in this premiership run we're on. I've tried so hard over the years to get them truly interested in us, but truth be told we have been **** their entire lives.

It's awesome seeing the young ones feeling like I did in '97 and '01.
My 3 year old if really invested. She's blessed to have never seen the **** years
 
Not that you need much hype for a GF, but I reckon Ponga, Frizzel, Gagai, Saifiti will be very important during the week.

Grand Finals don’t come around very often. Even finals don’t come around very often sometimes. We are in a position to do something special.

I think our more experienced players will really be up for this one.

Think Frizz and Gags go off.

I’ve been very conflicted the last few weeks. One moment I want us to get the credit we deserve. The next, I want them to stop talking us up as favourites.
Hopefully the hype doesn’t affect them too much. Think the media and most of the NRL community want us to win this.
 
My cousin has asked me to bring a spare Knights jersey across from Perth with me. Her son, who would be about 23 now and about my size, is going to the Grand Final but does not have any jerseys or shirts despite always living in Newcastle. Just shows how unpopular the team has been these past 2 decades with all their results and wooden spoons, ect.

Lucky for him, I have an entire wardrobe full of Knights jerseys, polos, training shirts, ect..!

There's one Roosters supporter I've seen at my Jetstar gate tonight, so at the very least, there's an even weight of support for both clubs coming across..!
Additional:

Plenty more Knights supporters rolling in at Sydney airport than Roosters. Only the one Roosters supporter I've seen here this morning.

We knew it anyway, but we definitely have the weight of support.
 
Not that you need much hype for a GF, but I reckon Ponga, Frizzel, Gagai, Saifiti will be very important during the week.

Grand Finals don’t come around very often. Even finals don’t come around very often sometimes. We are in a position to do something special.

I think our more experienced players will really be up for this one.

Think Frizz and Gags go off.

I’ve been very conflicted the last few weeks. One moment I want us to get the credit we deserve. The next, I want them to stop talking us up as favourites.
Hopefully the hype doesn’t affect them too much. Think the media and most of the NRL community want us to win this.
I was just thinking about Frizell and Gags too, such long careers and just one Grand Final between them. I think they can do a big job in helping keep the side focussed and emphasising what an opportunity it is.
 
I was just thinking about Frizell and Gags too, such long careers and just one Grand Final between them. I think they can do a big job in helping keep the side focussed and emphasising what an opportunity it is.
Same as what UmI was thinking, after long careers they have this one shot at glory. They are not the sort of players to die wondering. If Frizell can play like a man possessed up front, then it will Ponga the time he needs to run riot and win a Clive Churchill.
 
Additional:

Plenty more Knights supporters rolling in at Sydney airport than Roosters. Only the one Roosters supporter I've seen here this morning.

We knew it anyway, but we definitely have the weight of support.
I was down in Sydney last night and I’m heading back up in the train this morning. I saw one Roosters jersey and about 20 Knights jerseys at 7am.
 
I was just thinking about Frizell and Gags too, such long careers and just one Grand Final between them. I think they can do a big job in helping keep the side focussed and emphasising what an opportunity it is.
Man you’d almost be like screw it just retire after if they win if I’m Frizzell lol
Gagai too if he didn’t have a deal elsewhere

You almost forget there are a lot of post 2000 born milleniuals telling you how good it is to see the knights being good after being bad for so long…forgetting that they were born after those glory years 😅😅😅

The Roosters do handle favouritism well on the other hand…the only time they’ve really been an underdog is the one against the Dragons but the others and the ones during Robbos time they’ve been expected to win.
 
Back
Top