THE GRAND FINAL VS ROOSTERS ❤️💙❤️💙❤️

Highly likely Hagan giving his ring to Crossy if he doesn’t play. Thats what’d I do, I’d feel like a complete imposter and a tool if I got one and Crossy didn’t and decided to keep it playing 0 zero NRL

Ps: gotta win first
 
I reckon most people would just out of social expectation. But damn it'd be confusing for a 19 year old who's presumably never seen money to hand over a ring that most footy players can only dream of getting (also worth $15k each...)
 
Wouldn’t start Cant. It’s no longer just a matter of saving an interchange, you’re now burning an entire player off your available reserves. Is that gamble really worth getting Cant out there for the opening 20 minutes? Does Cant even really make a difference in that regard? Are the Knights going to suddenly change what got them this far? They want to attack from the opening minute and Graham clearly is the answer there.

I’d be starting Graham, ideally playing him the entire first half and then reassessing from there. If he needs a break get him one early in the second half.
 
Yeah I’m hoping they don’t play it safe and have Cant in there to make tackles and hope he doesn’t get bumped off…
 
Ticketmaster has sent through tickets for anyone who has them

Knights merch shop also like f*** it, we're closed for the week all the merch is sold.
 
I am hoping that common sense prevails, start with your best 13, that means Graham replaces Crossland and Cant is ready for a 10-15 mins as hooker either side of half and covers other positions as required. Same goes for Lucas to cover Croker when break required with both Cant and Lucas covering 11-12 if needed. If no injuries Frizell, Hopwood, Crouch and Saulo should cover each other playing 30-50 min each.
I am hoping for a win mostly for Gagai and Frizell, they deserve it but for Ponga he has a few more seasons to achieve it.
Just hope it’s a great game, played and refereed fairly and the best team wins, hopefully Knights
 
IMG_7484.jpeg
Things that aged really terribly
 
Anyone else thoroughly distressed that absolutely useless peanut with his eyes painted on Adam Gee is the ref? The percentages aren’t favourable.

Can absolutely see this flog letting the set restarts rip for the roosters and generate momentum for them.

Gee is one of the worst referees.
 
Wouldn’t start Cant. It’s no longer just a matter of saving an interchange, you’re now burning an entire player off your available reserves. Is that gamble really worth getting Cant out there for the opening 20 minutes? Does Cant even really make a difference in that regard? Are the Knights going to suddenly change what got them this far? They want to attack from the opening minute and Graham clearly is the answer there.

I’d be starting Graham, ideally playing him the entire first half and then reassessing from there. If he needs a break get him one early in the second half.
All Valid points mate. I was just thinking put someone out there in the opening exchanges with the goal of tackling there arse off, leading the line speed and shovelling the ball (essentially what crossland does) without taking away grahams effectivness either side of halftime. ideally id love to see graham play 80 but thats a massive ask.
 
All Valid points mate. I was just thinking put someone out there in the opening exchanges with the goal of tackling there arse off, leading the line speed and shovelling the ball (essentially what crossland does) without taking away grahams effectivness either side of halftime. ideally id love to see graham play 80 but thats a massive ask.
I like the premise. Take the sting out of the game in the first 20, get Graham on after as he likes a bit of a run.

The interchange situation is definitely something to think about though. Graham definitely gets game time. So it makes sense to start him.

Off the bench - you assume Lucas, Crouch and Saulo will definitely be relied upon. Presumably leaving Hunt, Cant, Hagan/ESL/McCarthy.
(I think Hunt covers FB/W/CTR, and you’ve got Lucas so second row is covered - likely means McCarthy and ESL are redundant). It will be very interesting to see how much we back Cant (13 minutes so far this finals series).

So if you start Cant - you kind of lock in all your subs before the game has started - not much flexibility.

Wouldn't surprise me if Graham gets strict instructions to just get the ball out of the ruck and focus on defence for the first 30 minutes at least.

I assume Cant would be the player to come on and do a job to relieve at 9. It’s a massive ask to get Hagan to come on to debut and do some decent minutes in a Grand Final. It’s a lot of pressure to put on him. But on the other flip of the coin - he’s accustomed to the hooker role, played 19s Origin (I know it’s not NRL, nor a grand final) and he is predicted to be the future - so maybe we throw caution to the wind and get him his first of many premierships now.

Can Sunday hurry up?!?
 
Back
Top