Suggestions for Admin and Mods

rhugh89

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Please post any suggestions you have for us or the forum in General here

We welcome the feedback so be honest and open :thumbsup:

We get a terrible lot of poor posts during a game when we are going bad, including swearing and offensive comments. I do not think any of our players deserve to be called 'rubbish' at any time.

My suggestion take the forum off line until after the whistle.

We get a terrible lot of poor posts during a game when we are going bad, including swearing and offensive comments. I do not think any of our players deserve to be called 'rubbish' at any time.

My suggestion take the forum off line until after the whistle.

Especially with away games, that's one of the busiest times on the forum, though.

I don't like players being mercilessly bagged out on here either ... when you consider it's a public forum and friends/family/the player themselves can come on and see what's written about them. And yes, the posts full of ***'s are just meaningless and offensive (to some).

Is there a way to do something about it other than shut down the forum during the game though ... ?

Geez are you guys kidding. It's an internet forum for opinions for "religious saviors" sake!

If a players family etc are reading a forum on Rugby League I don't think they would be surprised to see negative comments about their precious. Every player from JT down to the biggest merkins playing cop it. It's part of sport.

May as well make a rule that nobody can post anything negative at all. We can all sit around agreeing with eachother.

Especially with away games, that's one of the busiest times on the forum, though.

I don't like players being mercilessly bagged out on here either ... when you consider it's a public forum and friends/family/the player themselves can come on and see what's written about them. And yes, the posts full of ***'s are just meaningless and offensive (to some).

Is there a way to do something about it other than shut down the forum during the game though ... ?
In the heat of the moment I occasionally write something like 'rubbish' about a player to illustrate how bad he's playing and if I feel particularly frustrated. Definitely something I can work on but I don't intentionally do it to insult or go any worse than that.

I feel it's important to see someone's real feelings live through a game, though.

Post-game if I talk about that player I am a lot more diplomatic as my emotions don't get in the way as much. I don't like seeing players/former players be insulted just because they aren't/weren't good enough. Critique is always better and makes for better discussion anyway. I could make an exception for Wayne and Boyd though lol

Last edited:
It's more important with the lower grades.
The guys getting millions in the top grade can cry all the way to the bank if we call them rubbish, but any kid having a shot in the under 16s doesn't deserve that.

Live discussions for sure if some of our more coarser mouthed members can tone the swear words down.

Women and kids follow the Knights also and do not need smart misspelling of obscenities.

one forum I was on years ago used to have an oldfashioned chat room function that was used for game discussion, and it all disappeared after the game.

You could do that pretty easily here by starting a thread for game discussion and deleting it after fulltime.

We had a chat box open for awhile and it got a bit out of hand. What if we brought that back for game days?

Maybe we should just keep a closer eye on the thread and any posts deemed inappropriate get deleted but inform the member as to why the post was deleted ??

I don't like the idea of separate threads or a chat box, One thread as we have always had

People have the right to critique a players performance however I do get a little sick of the overuse of swearing and doing it in a way so the censoring is dodged

Personal insults aimed at players get to me too, No issue with bagging the performance but not the player as a person

Saying a player is rubbish is clearly a slight against his playing ability.

Anyway, there was a call put out not too long back to curb the creative swearing around the swear filter and this still happens by some with no action taken.

If we are not allowed to swear, or bypass the swear filter then be consistent.

As for match discussion, any comment about a players ability and that we are rubbish is fine, I can't recall a poster insulting a player directly as a person though.

If members don't like reading the venting that happens in match threads, they can always exercise their choice not to read it.

Honestly I don't mind what goes on in the gameday thread, I like seeing peoples emotions and passion on display

I think it's fine the way it is but more can be done to curb the swearing

Back