Sadly it's that time, your team for 2020

Sione is the classic example of a player who was mucked around by Brown's coaching style.
He is screaming out for a coach who can recognise his faults and skills and set him a role he can achieve and develop in over time.
Sione has played nearly every number from 1 to 13 except 7 I think, and all that has achieved is to muck him around.

It is coaching test 101 for O'Brien to find Sione's best role, communicate to him what he needs improve and how he needs to play, and settle him into the team.
The reason Brown is gone is because he couldn't do that with Sione and about 50 other young players from Feeney in his first pre season to Ramien in his last.
The reason we signed O'Brien is we think he can do that with Sione, Best, Sasagi, Toa, Crossland and even others who Brown has not got the best out of like Levi, Barnett and even Ponga to some degree.

In short, if O'Brien can't improve Sione, changing coaches was a waste of time.

Said it for years you can't coach speed, size, skills or agility, even his power game is negliable.

Can the bloke even step sideways?

Throw that in with the fact he can't pass or tackle and its an ugly picture.

Good to see people still remember his our CUPTIN and we need to build the team to suit his abilities (or lack thereof.) I still lol @ him happening to swap with Watson who had a bad shoulder at the time because he couldn't make a defensive read to save his life. - Got it from Pete I am sure. - Directed at Battler as well roops not just you for that comment.
 
Said it for years you can't coach speed, size, skills or agility, even his power game is negliable.

Can the bloke even step sideways?

Throw that in with the fact he can't pass or tackle and its an ugly picture.

Good to see people still remember his our CUPTIN and we need to build the team to suit his abilities (or lack thereof.) I still lol @ him happening to swap with Watson who had a bad shoulder at the time because he couldn't make a defensive read to save his life. - Got it from Pete I am sure. - Directed at Battler as well roops not just you for that comment.
Keep banging that drum.
Someone will march to it.
 
Sione had a simple job of coming off the bench against the Roosters and I believe he had one run the whole game. I don’t even think Sione knows where he plays his best footy. He’s been given plenty of chances to nail one down in either the centres or second-row and he still looks lost. Isn’t much of an impact player either to be honest.
 
Sione is really good in the wrestle, and the roosters game we used him as a decoy every play down the left side, the opposition swarmed him.
Worked out pretty well for us that day
 
Toohey on twitter saying our best back 5 is KP, Lee, Hunt, Best, Toa with Moga on the outside.

Definitely need to find someone to replace Ramien.
 
Lino's shoulder is not as bad as first thought according to the O'Brien interview today, but he is still looking at Watson, Mann and Crossland at 5/8 for the early season.
O'Brien describes Crossland as "a frame we can build on" - I don't know if that means he wants the kid to spend time in the gym, or if he was talking about him having the skills that just need developing. I think both interpretations are true.
 
O'Brien also pointed out that Toa and Best are talents, but you can't expect young players to back up every week over a long season, so we need an outside back.
 
Not sure if we have the cap space for it, but I'd be trying to land Dylan Walker. He's off-contract still (although I saw something about he may have already re-committed to the Seagles). Solid centre and can fill in at 5/8th if needed.
 
Ryan Matterson from the Tigers is wanting out and it says he plays 2nd row , Lock, 5/8 and centre . A 6'4" 107kg 5/8 with the skills would be good imo and the same with the centre spot.
I think we have 3 good centre's in Hunt , Moga and Best as long as Moga stays on the field and Sione as a back up.
Matterson's on $350,000 and wants a pay rise , that's what happens when you become a fringe Origin forward I guess.
 
Only nines etc, but Levi looks sharp. He's come up with a few try assists off nice short balls close to the line. And not a barge over attempt to be seen. Probably Samoa's best player.
 
Ryan Matterson from the Tigers is wanting out and it says he plays 2nd row , Lock, 5/8 and centre . A 6'4" 107kg 5/8 with the skills would be good imo and the same with the centre spot.
I think we have 3 good centre's in Hunt , Moga and Best as long as Moga stays on the field and Sione as a back up.
Matterson's on $350,000 and wants a pay rise , that's what happens when you become a fringe Origin forward I guess.

I actually think that price is more then reasonable for what he has currently shown.
Maybe a desperate club like the Titans would offer overs like the Raiders did with Tapine at the time.
The club has every right to be filthy at him wanting out early like Moses did before him.
 
NRL.com has Watson at lock... :confused:
FB_IMG_1577327414112.jpg
 
It looks like they have squeezed in all the experienced players, which might not be a bad idea for round one.
We can bring in Crossland, Toa, Jones and Shibasaki one at a time as the season goes on.
 
Back
Top