Rumour: Knights to offload Jarrod Mullen as part of player clean-out

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by rhugh89, Aug 13, 2016.

1. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

A fullback doesn't even go close to get involved in a play when you are never in the opposition 20 so you'll be waiting a while.

2. Left Foot

Left Foot Banned

There has been plenty of times Mamo has had opportunities to show us something with ball in hand.
    He just doesn't have it.

3. Aidos

Aidos Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Mamo's had a full year in NSW Cup at fullback as well as a number of first grade games there and he still lacks any sort of ball-playing ability. No matter how hard he continues to work on it, I just don't think he'll ever get it. His running game doesn't quite make up for it either like a Dugan or a Gordon for example.

I do think he can become a serviceable NRL winger, though.

4. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

too small to take those early set hit-ups. ESL for sure

5. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

Too small? We aren't going down this path again are we. This whole football team has had chances to show what they are capable of. Have they? Big fat NO.

6. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Geez i try not bag Mamo for being sub standard as i normally get abused for it, then i jump on here and see u all after him with exactly my view of him anyway lol.
    Ohh well Tasgirl mite have a few replys to make today. Hide guys she hate it when anyone disrespects Mamo.

7. Chief Longhorn

Chief Longhorn Brad Godden

We all secretly agree with you about everything 88, but some of us just disagree sometimes because we are all so jealous of how awesome you are!:dancing:8)

8. 88Knight4life

Hahahaha i knew it!
    Skipping up the street with pride i go.

Yes in my tinkerbell out fit lol.

9. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Get a grip 88, get a grip. Maybe that is the problem Chief, too much of a good thing?

10. lowey

lowey Michael Hagan

thought mcmanuses money was outside the cap this season thought he got medical clearance and what is taking snowy so long to announce his retirement

11. Tasgirl

Tasgirl Tasgirl

Hippie.
    Hehehe...I think he's cute....not perfect.xx:love:

- - - Updated - - -

Please post photo.:redface:

12. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

Asked if he was referring to Mullen, named in the Sunday Telegraph as likely to “become the face of a $2 million clean-out at the Knights”, Brown replied: “I haven’t spoken to him. Unless someone else did, I haven’t spoken to him at this stage.’’...Sounds like Mullen may be out of here no matter what the club says publicly ...

13. Chief Longhorn

"I haven't spoken to him at this stage." Sounds ominous for Mullen! Sounds like there is going to be some major changes in the off-season, if nothing else it will give us hopeless cases something to discuss over summer! Realistically though Mullen is the only guy we could realistically shop to another club for close to what we are paying him!

- - - Updated - - -

Not that i think we should though! But I said at the start I will stick with Brown!

14. 88Knight4life

The club will go backwards another 3 steps if they try to out Mullen!

Plenty of sponsors will walk away as will members.

15. Chief Longhorn

Just can't shake the feeling that there is a lot going on behind closed doors that we don't know about! I love Mullen, but if he really is part of the problem, than he has to go! If it is just a personality thing, then Brown will fall on his own sword if he shafts him!

16. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Brown also said that he's spoken to everyone who's not gonna be here next season personally. Indicating that Mullen will be here because they haven't had the talk yet.

17. 88Knight4life

Ask LORD! He has it all figured out and we should just shut up or pee off!

- - - Updated - - -

Hahaha u decrepit young lady u!

18. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

I agree man. Mullo is definitely still an asset when he is on the field. I just wish he would stop pushing himself so hard at gym work and weakening his tendons. Is love to see him play a full season no injuries.

19. Angelus

Angelus Cory Denniss

It changes
    Brown may well make a move on Mullen, but he won't do it until he has a replacement ready to step in....Benji anyone (God help us)...but Brown may be in deeper doo-doo if Trent decides to jump ship to the Dragons. Just sayin... :shock:

20. R_A

R_A Adam Woolnough

I don't think brown will offload players with two years running on their deals? Much as it is pain having him miss 10+ games a year these days