Round 7: Newcastle Knights vs North Queensland Cowboys

What is your prediction for this game ??

• Knights 13+

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Cowboys 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Drinkwater in his first season as a 5/8th second season of NRL. Mann is run of the mill journeyman.

Lordy said over the next 2-3 years the Knights will be challenging. I said not with Mann. If Drinkwater was there over that duration you’d have a much better chance once he has a season of experience. The class is there for all to see. Something Mann don’t have.

59 FG games of experience compared to over 600 or 700 I believe it was on the weekend. Drinkwater and Clifford controlled that game from the outset. They both got dally m votes I believe.

I’ve always found you’re quite poor at arguing your point homegirl. You would get found out pretty quickly in a debate with any structure (which these forums do not have). I’ve agreed all year that Mann isn’t the 5/8 we need but Mozza has owned you with a factual based response there, but you’re clutching at straws and making things up now.

Like several on here that have bowed to the Cowgirls deserved win (congratulations by the way), perhaps it’s time to show a little humility and revert back to your “non-bias” participation on the forum??

Have to say even as a Knights fan, I'm loving the cheek from CBM at the moment.

To say Drinkwater is a class above Mann is simply incorrect. However, what I would accept is Drinkwater having a higher ceiling and more potential than Mann, IF he is coached correctly and utilised best.
This is never going to happen under Paul Green, though I'm sure you'd agree CBM, there's no doubt that you have some starpower in your squad.
Leading tryscorer in Feldt, origin reps in Morgan, Holmes, Maguire and McLean.
Unfortunately coaching is where your boys fall short IMO, a fresh coach with some new tactics and I have no doubt that the Cowboys could be a very competitive side in 3-4 years time, once Clifford, Robson and Drinkwater have some more experience under their belts.

Yeah, nah...still think his numbers are fudged to justify his price tag.

Like I said good player but yeah the numbers are a bit of BS.

Fudged numbers? Please. Only have to watch the bloke to see the presence he has. JT is a beast and for $1m per season, he is absolutely worth double that.

Drinkwater in his first season as a 5/8th second season of NRL. Mann is run of the mill journeyman.

Lordy said over the next 2-3 years the Knights will be challenging. I said not with Mann. If Drinkwater was there over that duration you’d have a much better chance once he has a season of experience. The class is there for all to see. Something Mann don’t have.

59 FG games of experience compared to over 600 or 700 I believe it was on the weekend. Drinkwater and Clifford controlled that game from the outset. They both got dally m votes I believe.

Geez you can talk some crap at times....be humble, your team won only because knights played rubbish. If we were on it would have been a cricket score and you know it.

And please...drinkwater, wow....you talking him up, that will do me.

I’ve always found you’re quite poor at arguing your point homegirl. You would get found out pretty quickly in a debate with any structure (which these forums do not have). I’ve agreed all year that Mann isn’t the 5/8 we need but Mozza has owned you with a factual based response there, but you’re clutching at straws and making things up now.

Like several on here that have bowed to the Cowgirls deserved win (congratulations by the way), perhaps it’s time to show a little humility and revert back to your “non-bias” participation on the forum??

Owned me? He might need to give correct stats to begin with. They have exact same amount of try assists for a start all the while he is playing with an origin/premiership winning half doing all the organising for him while Drinkwater is with a fellow rookie to FG. Has the grand total of 1 extra try as well. Gee whiz.

That one time Mann was needed to step up he was the worst playmaker on the field and jumping into dummy half towards the end while a rookie on debut was calling the shots.

Drinkwater sh*ts on Mann from a seriously great height. If he was the Knights 5/8th then you’d have a red hot chance over the next 2-3 years.

Yeah, nah...still think his numbers are fudged to justify his price tag.

Like I said good player but yeah the numbers are a bit of BS.

You have the audacity to say I talk some crap when you post this :lol:

Yep the Cowboys fudge the official NRL stats to justify their cheap 1m a year deal for the greatest ever forward to lace a boot.

They don’t need to fudge numbers for any joe blow to see he dominates whole forward packs on his own on a regular basis.:giggle:

You have the audacity to say I talk some crap when you post this :lol:

Yep the Cowboys fudge the official NRL stats to justify their cheap 1m a year deal for the greatest ever forward to lace a boot.

They don’t need to fudge numbers for any joe blow to see he dominates whole forward packs on his own on a regular basis.:giggle:

Yes, you talk crap...everyone on here knows it.

As I said, great player but yeah the numbers are a bit suss.

And he isn't the greatest forward ever, that belongs to Beetson.

Have to say even as a Knights fan, I'm loving the cheek from CBM at the moment.

To say Drinkwater is a class above Mann is simply incorrect. However, what I would accept is Drinkwater having a higher ceiling and more potential than Mann, IF he is coached correctly and utilised best.
This is never going to happen under Paul Green, though I'm sure you'd agree CBM, there's no doubt that you have some starpower in your squad.
Leading tryscorer in Feldt, origin reps in Morgan, Holmes, Maguire and McLean.
Unfortunately coaching is where your boys fall short IMO, a fresh coach with some new tactics and I have no doubt that the Cowboys could be a very competitive side in 3-4 years time, once Clifford, Robson and Drinkwater have some more experience under their belts.

Yep new coach with fresh ideas is holding us back. There is genuine potential star power there to take advantage off and finally some speed in the backline with Holmes and the Hammer.

Yes, you talk crap...everyone on here knows it.

As I said, great player but yeah the numbers are a bit suss.

And he isn't the greatest forward ever, that belongs to Beetson.

Big Artie :lol:

I bet everyone on here with their hand on their heart wouldn’t agree with that.

Owned me? He might need to give correct stats to begin with. They have exact same amount of try assists for a start all the while he is playing with an origin/premiership winning half doing all the organising for him while Drinkwater is with a fellow rookie to FG. Has the grand total of 1 extra try as well. Gee whiz.

That one time Mann was needed to step up he was the worst playmaker on the field and jumping into dummy half towards the end while a rookie on debut was calling the shots.

Drinkwater sh*ts on Mann from a seriously great height. If he was the Knights 5/8th then you’d have a red hot chance over the next 2-3 years.
Pearce has been garbage since the resumption. Mann has been our main attacking weapon inside the opponents 20.

Mann has had a better season than Drinkwater undoubtedly. That’s nothing against Drinkwater he is pretty inexperienced with a weaker team around him.

I had plenty of doubts about Mann along with most fans at the start of the season but he’s been easily the best of our spine over the first 7 games and deserves plenty of credit for what he’s done.

Pearce has been garbage since the resumption. Mann has been our main attacking weapon inside the opponents 20.

Mann has had a better season than Drinkwater undoubtedly. That’s nothing against Drinkwater he is pretty inexperienced with a weaker team around him.

I had plenty of doubts about Mann along with most fans at the start of the season but he’s been easily the best of our spine over the first 7 games and deserves plenty of credit for what he’s done.

Mann still doesn’t do any organising and kicking. All he does is run first and pass second. He has a much much much easier roll then what Drinkwater has.

Drinkwater in the first 2 rounds with Morgan beside him carved up both games when his role in the side was similar to Mann’s.

Like I said that one time Mann was required to do what Pearce does he was Z grade standard and provided nothing. That’s where you see the true class of a playmaker and he fell well short of that.

The original point is over the next 2-3 years like Lordy said. Mann there and you ain’t anywhere near as threatening as what Drinkwater would do in that side with Pearce controlling everything and Ponga out the back over the next 2-3 years.

Yep new coach with fresh ideas is holding us back. There is genuine potential star power there to take advantage off and finally some speed in the backline with Holmes and the Hammer.

In fairness, I thought the Cowboys executed a smart game plan on the weekend. They held Ponga to small numbers and rolled us up the middle. I think Green can coach, personally, but perhaps he needs a change too. Look at Des after moving back to Manly. Terrible at the Dogs towards the end, but Manly would be killing it this year but for all their injuries.

In fairness, I thought the Cowboys executed a smart game plan on the weekend. They held Ponga to small numbers and rolled us up the middle. I think Green can coach, personally, but perhaps he needs a change too. Look at Des after moving back to Manly. Terrible at the Dogs towards the end, but Manly would be killing it this year but for all their injuries.

Think I’ve been saying it for 18 months now that his reign at the Cowboys is very similar to how Mcguire went at Souths.

His voice had become stale and players weren’t responding to him. Same is happening at the Cowboys.

The Cowboys has been avoiding media backlash due to how bad the Broncos and Titans have been. The lead up to the Knights game was the first time they were really under the spotlight. I believe that was the main spark to the performance and not Green himself.

Mann still doesn’t do any organising and kicking. All he does is run first and pass second. He has a much much much easier roll then what Drinkwater has.

Drinkwater in the first 2 rounds with Morgan beside him carved up both games when his role in the side was similar to Mann’s.

Like I said that one time Mann was required to do what Pearce does he was Z grade standard and provided nothing. That’s where you see the true class of a playmaker and he fell well short of that.

The original point is over the next 2-3 years like Lordy said. Mann there and you ain’t anywhere near as threatening as what Drinkwater would do in that side with Pearce controlling everything and Ponga out the back over the next 2-3 years.
He does abit if kicking and has set up a few tries with his short kicking game.

He’s not an organiser or a first receiver bit seems a pretty natural pivot.

Only someone with extreme bias or delusion (you seem to have both) would say that Mann has been bad this season and there’s nothing to suggest that we’d be any better off with Drinkwater at 6.

He does abit if kicking and has set up a few tries with his short kicking game.

He’s not an organiser or a first receiver bit seems a pretty natural pivot.

Only someone with extreme bias or delusion (you seem to have both) would say that Mann has been bad this season.

Averages 75 kick metres a game that’s roughly 2 clearing kicks on average or a handful of attacking kicks. Over the course of 80 minutes that’s nothing.

You’d have to be someone that continually makes up incorrect stats/facts to say I have said he has had a bad season. Where have I said that exactly?

He is your standard journeyman and over the next 2-3 years you’d be more threatening with Drinkwater in your side doing his roll then him.

So many of your game day posts are criticisms of Mann. Once again he’s been better than Drinkwater this season. There’s no doubt that.

So many of your game day posts are criticisms of Mann. Once again he’s been better than Drinkwater this season. There’s no doubt that.

I’ve praised him when he deserves it especially in a lot of his defence this season.

Maybe you should bring up factual stats next time as I see it he has the same try assists and line breaks as Drinkwater. Contrary to your initial post on the topic.

Drinkwater is the better player that there is no doubt about.

Yet goes into hiding when the going gets tough. Re Panthers game.

Also has many years on Drinkwater. We shall revisit this by the end of next year.

Drinkwater is a class above Mann :lol:

I used to think I was paranoid but you really do watch our games more intently than the Cows?

Can't blame you with the Cows being crap and going down the gurgler though.

Back