Round 7 - Knights V Panthers - Saturday 15 April 5:30pm - McDonald Jones Stadium

Usually when the Knights go toe to toe with a top side like this, they follow it up with an absolute garbage performance agaisnt a lower ranked side, that's why 'the heart being there' or 'a solid effort' is irritating to hear, cos it's the same thing we've heard 100 times before & the team just spins it's wheels for another season with the expectation to be 'better' next year.
I used to be more optimistic after games like this but the last time the Knights were legitimately good, I was still a teenager & I'll be 40 in a couple of years.
There'll be no wheel spinning this year. Different attitude in this squad. We'll lose some games on the way to finding our game, but we'll offer heaps more this year than we've offered for years and years.
 
There'll be no wheel spinning this year. Different attitude in this squad. We'll lose some games on the way to finding our game, but we'll offer heaps more this year than we've offered for years and years.
Unfortunately I've heard it all before, would be happy to be proven wrong though.
 
Cleary taking a dive to get Fiz sent off was funny, its actually getting out of hand with the all dives now. Cleary was not even injurie, bleeding or concussed. They should have sent him off for a HIA assesment hahah
Can’t agree with that mate. Fitz lucky not to have been sin binned. Very silly stuff.
 
Awesome first half pressuring Penrith and rattling them. Great effort and showed resilience we've lacked for several years.

But second half was nowhere as good. Too many errors and lack of discipline cost us and obviously the goal kicking.
 
There'll be no wheel spinning this year. Different attitude in this squad. We'll lose some games on the way to finding our game, but we'll offer heaps more this year than we've offered for years and years.
I hope your right looking forward to seeing them up here in Townsville next Saturday hopefully it cools off cause it's been hot as **** up here lately
 
Donald Young owned by Turuva
Miller owned by Edwards
Our halves owned Cleary and Luai
There forwards owned us and hooker owned us
Our centres even
Marzhew even
There bench owned us
Virtually nobody expected us to lead from most of the game.

And the premiers for the last 2 years still just won by a point in golden point.
 
All you guys saying Ponga should start on the bench are delusional YES Ponga made the attack clunky last season at time because he took over… but can you blame him he literally had to take over, we had Clifford, Clune and Randall in the spine and Ponga had to carry the attacking load all by himself. Ponga is world class and will only make us better, put Gamble at 13 or 14.
Unfortunately I think we will watch him make the attack clunky next week too. He won’t have to, but I think he will take over/team sits back and waits for him because he’s the chosen one.
At the moment we’re playing with heart and soul, not half arsed play filling in time with a flash of brilliance here and there.
I hope I eat my words next week… please make me eat my words next week 🙏
 
Back
Top