Round 16: Newcastle Knights vs New Zealand Warriors

What is your prediction for this game ??

• Knights 13+

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Knights 1-12

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors 1-12

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Warriors 13+

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Warriors fan here. Case to be made for both teams, means a good close game. You guys missing some players so a good performance from your blokes.

I thought the officiating was bad. I dont like having goes at Refs because they have a tough gig but the Maumalo non try was bad. Also if they are going to get serious about concussion, then the Hiku situation was really bad. I know they addressed it post match but there is an element of groundhog day here. It is a hard one but they breached their own protocols in player safety. Please believe when I say this is not because it was a Warriors player.

Really pleased to see Mason Lino doing a goid job for you. He is a good young bloke making the most of his ability. Never going to be superstar but will give his all. These tyoe of players cant be underestimated in a squad.

Best wishes for the season guys, looks like you will be in the 8. We are struggling but that is hardly unusual.
A good summation. I'm not sure what to do in the Hiku situation, you just know someone is going to come up with a way of taking advantage either way. Otherwise, i was at the ground and haven't watched it back, what was the call on the Lino dropped ball in the lead up to the first Sione try? I know it was six to go, did they rule raked out?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Also if they are going to get serious about concussion, then the Hiku situation was really bad. I know they addressed it post match but there is an element of groundhog day here. It is a hard one but they breached their own protocols in player safety.

Absolutely, it was a terrible look.

Anyone remember Newcastle's game against Manly in 2011 where Richie Fa'aoso was heavily concussed but prevented from leaving the field until after the scrum he was forced to pack into?

https://www.newshub.co.nz/sport/faaoso-incident-could-force-new-nrl-concussion-policy-2011032910

A good summation. I'm not sure what to do in the Hiku situation, you just know someone is going to come up with a way of taking advantage either way. Otherwise, i was at the ground and haven't watched it back, what was the call on the Lino dropped ball in the lead up to the first Sione try? I know it was six to go, did they rule raked out?

Mason dropped it cold, would have been interesting if it had gone to the Bunker. As for Hiku, to his credit he was trying to get to his feet and play on. What would have happened if he stayed down?

Someone will, and probably have, taken advantage of the hia rules. Still, player safety is paramount and for me it is better to learn and move on.

That was a shocking day for Richie. Remember it vividly. Was struggling to stay on his feet.

Yeah, it was disgusting. I have a terrible memory but that has always stuck with me.

Regardless of the hopefully soon to be obsolete rule that a trainer must call for play to be stopped in issues like this and not the ref, the fact that Hiku was well away from play undoubtedly played a part in the decision to let play go on. I'd like to think that play would have been stopped had the try not been scored on the play it was.

Warriors fan here. Case to be made for both teams, means a good close game. You guys missing some players so a good performance from your blokes.

I thought the officiating was bad. I dont like having goes at Refs because they have a tough gig but the Maumalo non try was bad. Also if they are going to get serious about concussion, then the Hiku situation was really bad. I know they addressed it post match but there is an element of groundhog day here. It is a hard one but they breached their own protocols in player safety. Please believe when I say this is not because it was a Warriors player.

Really pleased to see Mason Lino doing a goid job for you. He is a good young bloke making the most of his ability. Never going to be superstar but will give his all. These tyoe of players cant be underestimated in a squad.

Best wishes for the season guys, looks like you will be in the 8. We are struggling but that is hardly unusual.
Congrats Watcher...the Warriors deserved the win I think on the balance of effort and minimisation of errors by both teams, regardless of the poor refereeing that had an impact on both teams.

I said in other forums that the Knights can't have it both ways....we want rep quality players, we then can't complain when they get called up for rep games and leave us vulnerable to being knocked over by other teams not affected by losing players.

If we want to be in the top echelon of teams, we need to develop a capacity to still grind out those wins...I honestly think we will get there over the next few seasons.

best of luck for the rest of the comp

Thanks for that. Both clubs have some work ahead both, but especially the Knights are trending in the right directiion.

Just like an opinion from you guys who are knowledgable in the game. Some of our fans reckon the team would be better served with Maumalo in 2nd Row. Personally I think if it aint broken dont fix it.

Just like an opinion from you guys who are knowledgable in the game. Some of our fans reckon the team would be better served with Maumalo in 2nd Row. Personally I think if it aint broken dont fix it.
Your back three, Maumalo in particular, were so good getting your sets started last week and I think that is incredibly important to the team. The guys dynamic, an athlete. He would handle the tackling on an edge, but i wouldn't be moving him unless an absolute gun winger comes through.

Back