Round 16: Newcastle Knights vs New Zealand Warriors

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, Jun 30, 2019.

?

What is your prediction for this game ??

Poll closed Jul 6, 2019.
  1. Knights 13+

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. Knights 1-12

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Warriors 1-12

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Warriors 13+

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Ak-47

Ak-47 Tony Townsend

Mate i reckon Ramien saved more trys this year then anyone, big upgrade to Gagai.
    But yer i agree on Hunt hes been great this year. Hunt may get the knights players of year award i think

2. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I think Dan and Pearce making SOO mite be the front runners

3. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Gutted by that lose. Fell asleep woke up at 10.30 checked score and am crushed. Had it in the bag at half time.

JOJO82 likes this.
  4. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

He was solely responsible for all the tries that the Warriors scored on the other side of the field though. Source - Slots and Lord.

5. JOJO82

JOJO82 Jason Allen

Same as me mate, we had it except for one mistake.

Proud of the boys though, made a full strength warriors go the full 80 against a team with 7 first team players out.

6. knights22

knights22 Adam Woolnough

What did we think of Guerra last night? I know he's coming back from injury, but he looked slow. Especially slow holding down the tackle, thought for sure he was going to give away penalties.

7. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

He's back a month early from a massive leg injury - which means he would have been hardly able to train for fitness. It's a miracle he got on the field.

Wobbles and Lefty like this.
  8. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Ahh Scaleybugs now we really know who to blame for the loss. Outrageous behaviour for Chairman of the Board!

9. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    New cat in house put me to sleep with its purring!

Joshhh, member 2299 and Lefty like this.
  10. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

Great effort put in by the boys. I thought alot of players stepped up and alot mediocre. The pigs needed to step up and I was disappointed with a couple of browns choices with bench rotation and game plan. The first 20 after halftime was a massive let down and it's happened now 2 weeks in a row. I'm keen to see pre match prep for 2nd half.

I was there at the game and thinking we got caned by the refs also. Seemed always in warriors good ball penalties to them and we would get one in our own half mostly.

Onward and upward.

11. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Sean Rudder

Guerra got injured when the refs were still hardly penalising teams, letter players lay all over the tackled player for an eternity. He came back to 1sts when the refs had changed and started blowing plenty of penalties again.

12. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    In my experience, new pussy does just this so all is forgiven Scaleybugs!

13. Treadly

Treadly Rod Shoesmith

Guerra did ok for his first game back.

Looked off the pace but that will come with fitness.

On one of the tries on our right edge he literally followed the play from mid field to the edge but couldn't catch it. A bit more speed through fitness and he would have been useful that play

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

14. Wobbles

Wobbles Shane Vincent

Agreed.

He's making a comeback in local league after a couple of seasons out. Everyone's calling him crazy, but he still has a passion for the game and keen to help the young guys develop.

slotmachine likes this.
  15. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

He says he's not going to play firsts. He'll make about 2 tackle a game, no one in reggies is going to want any part of him.

Wobbles likes this.
  16. krustykraz

krustykraz Luke Quigley

17. Wobbles

Wobbles Shane Vincent

He's not someone you'd want to run at even at 40 years old. Can't see him taking many hit-ups either but he'd be handy organising things on the field and massive at training.
    Good on the guy for taking on the challenge, be interesting to see how the team goes with him around.

18. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Young blokes think they are immortal and want nothing more than to have a crack at a big name.
    I remember going to watch Johnny Raper play for Newcastle Wests against Macquarie in the early '70s and every forward in the Newcastle comp tried to smash Raper, He had to retire before someone killed him.

Wobbles likes this.
  19. Speedymetric

Speedymetric Glen Miller

Might have been because of Raper's off field behaviour as well. Talk to anyone who played back then and they would tell you the stuff he got up to would make Napa, Hayne, de Belin, Barba etc look like schoolboys. Just lucky there was no mobile phones and social media back then.

Wobbles, R_A and Beaumont like this.
  20. Watcher

Watcher Steve Walters

Warriors fan here. Case to be made for both teams, means a good close game. You guys missing some players so a good performance from your blokes.

I thought the officiating was bad. I dont like having goes at Refs because they have a tough gig but the Maumalo non try was bad. Also if they are going to get serious about concussion, then the Hiku situation was really bad. I know they addressed it post match but there is an element of groundhog day here. It is a hard one but they breached their own protocols in player safety. Please believe when I say this is not because it was a Warriors player.

Really pleased to see Mason Lino doing a goid job for you. He is a good young bloke making the most of his ability. Never going to be superstar but will give his all. These tyoe of players cant be underestimated in a squad.

Best wishes for the season guys, looks like you will be in the 8. We are struggling but that is hardly unusual.

Wobbles, Lefty, Tasgirl and 1 other person like this.