Round 12: Newcastle Knights v NZ Warriors @ EAS Stadium

The Knights did look lethargic, slow. Dureau got too excited with his re-signing he played pretty badly. He had 2-3 good kicks but other than that there was no direction.

Bails needs to stay at Lock. I tell you we miss Hilder!
 
awesome im heaps happy about that lol i wanna go but i have never been to a game by myself lol

You're never alone, there are 1000s of other people there lol. But in all seriousness I'll always be there and you can hang out with us though I am glad no1 was with me last night I was screaming and crying and going nuts lol. saw KR7 running around crazy too so I wasn't alone. No camera this time lol.
 
Yeh he very rarely stands still. This time he was running down the hill with flag in the air lol

I think next time you should go one better on a photo and record a video! Make some sort of compilation video at the end of the year. :p
 
Hey thanks jekk i might take up your offer next game! I'd love to meet people from here face to face

Ooops.. now I'm nervous lol.


Love Today sounds perfect, a bit of slow motion skipping down the hill would go well. And when there is a conversion kick he's always in the middle of the crowd waiting to catch the ball ;)
 
Mad Dog provides bright spot in defeat
BY ROBERT DILLON
1/06/2008

ADAM MacDougall's timely return to form provided the Knights with a measure of solace after Saturday's worrying loss to the Warriors.

The veteran centre has struggled during the early rounds of 2008, having been hindered by the after-effects of shoulder surgery and niggling knee injuries.


Before Saturday night he had appeared in only three of Newcastle's nine matches and been well below his best.


But the 33-year-old wound back the clock against the Warriors with a display that suggests there is life in the old "Mad Dog" yet.


He scored a trademark try, leaving two defenders in his wake, set one up for winger James McManus and created another long-range break that should have resulted in another four-pointer.


For good measure, he chipped in with 14 tackles.


The former Test star said afterwards he was just starting to run into peak condition following a disrupted start to the season.


"It's just good to get two games in a row," MacDougall said. "That's the first time I've been able to play in back-to-back games this year.


"At the start of the season, I was expecting really good things from myself, but it's been a bit of a frustrating year.


"Hopefully tonight's a sign of things to come.


"I felt like I was starting to find my timing and match fitness.


"I usually play my best football after half-a-dozen games, so I'm excited about what I can contribute over the rest of the season."




Knights coach Brian Smith said MacDougall's powerful effort gave his teammates a welcome boost.




"As he gets more games under his belt, he'll just get better and better," Smith said.


"It was good for his confidence and good for the the rest of the boys' confidence, too.


"He made a really solid contribution there."


Another of Newcastle's senior players, international forward Steve Simpson, also put his best foot forward in his second game since returning from a knee injury.


Simpson carried the ball 150 metres and made 32 tackles in a display that has put him back in the frame for a recall to the NSW team for Origin II, which will be named tomorrow morning.
Herald
 
ok i just wanna say that the knights aren't a 3 or 4 man team, there are 13 players on the field and yes some play worse then others but most of the time they are all awesome players and just because they had one **** game doesnt mean that they suck and that when buderus and possibly simpson are out for origin that they are gunna lose, they might realise they have to step up without those experienced players there and hopefully it might turn there team around for the rest of the season!!!
 
Back
Top