When I was coached by Brennan many moons ago he talked about the number on the scoreboard, I remember him saying you won't score points by being a mule and tackling all day, it's easier to defend points when your in front, so go out there, be creative and hurt the opposition in d so they don't want to run.I think they just come with the idea that the club has been unsuccessful for so long now, that they need to build a team from the ground up getting all the basics right, like completion rates and defence, but it never ends up going anywhere because rosters change, coaches get sacked. We don't have half a decade to slowly build a team. This is a results driven business, you play to win. Just need to get the right mixture of players one day, combined with a coach that can get them to play to their strengths and then get lucky with injuries. That's what it comes down to.
When I was coached by Brennan many moons ago he talked about the number on the scoreboard, I remember him saying you won't score points by being a mule and tackling all day, it's easier to defend points when your in front, so go out there, be creative and hurt the opposition in d so they don't want to run.
That's perfect and he's exactly right....I don't care if the team loses as long as they tried something by moving the ball around.
I just hate the one out crap that is so repetitive and boring opposition teams must think we can defend this crap all day long.
Yep club has never had so much money , but never played with less heart!Yep same here it was the golden era I was a teenager and it was what I'd come to expect we were spoiled it I think that's why we have all become so negative towards the club now days.
Yes even if we win you don't go home with that deliriously happy feeling that we played well today!That's perfect and he's exactly right....I don't care if the team loses as long as they tried something by moving the ball around.
I just hate the one out crap that is so repetitive and boring opposition teams must think we can defend this crap all day long.
Robinson is a bit of a loose cannon but he does love the club. Under Watson success was messured in merchadise sales. The old saying a fish rots from yhe head applies here.G'day Watcher....it's been too long mate - I hope you and yours are safe and faring as well as can be expected in these difficult times for you over there. We are no strangers to the flooding here in NSW but I can see that the devastation that has been wrought on you guys has been next level apocalyptic.
Yep, we are both in the same boat regarding our need to take a major step forward to address some of the systemic issues at front and back of house, before we can really become anything like a consistently competitive team.
It's been a few years now since Robinson has become involved with the club...how is that going in terms of setting the foundations for some of the big picture changes that have needed to happen for you guys and how is the membership base going? I can't find membership numbers for the past 3 seasons but anecdotally it looks like there is a growing base of fans turning up to games.
And on a more positive note....nice start by the Black Caps this morning to have the poms 3 wickets down at lunch![]()
![]()
And in other news, NIB have just extended their contract as our major sponsorSpoke to someone today that refuted that fitzy has been pushed to the bench, I guess we’ll see what happens on Tuesday
And in other news, NIB have just extended their contract as our major sponsor
Spoke to someone today that refuted that fitzy has been pushed to the bench, I guess we’ll see what happens on Tuesday
He's short priced to start there... I wouldn't be surprised to see Kurt named in the 13 today, but for Elliott to come into the starting side come game day.I've got the popcorn ready at 4pm for when I see:
13. K Mann
I've got the popcorn ready at 4pm for when I see:
13. K Mann
You know Toohey has lost it when Tulia has never played for us and Dane’s younger brother Dave is playing SG Ball and is not part of the top 30
Hahaha I didn't even notice thatYou know Toohey has lost it when Tulia has never played for us and Dane’s younger brother Dave is playing SG Ball and is not part of the top 30