Round 1: Knights v Dragons - Hunter Stadium

Pick the margin:


  • Total voters
    57
  • Poll closed .
FTS - Mcmanus
LTS - Nightingale
MOTM - Boyd
Crowd - Packed to capacity

Knights - 32
Dragons - 18
 
Got my tickets, cant wait, wat a way to open the season, no better, novacastrians screaming for their mighty Knights!!!
 
Pre-paid parking for the stadium now? and already sold out before I even knew about it. Looks like I'll be walking a mile...
 
Costigan excited to do battle with former club
newcastleknights.com

27/02/2012 3:18:48 PM

Hunter Ports Newcastle Knights second-rower Neville Costigan will go up against his former St George-Illawarra Dragons teammates for the first time in Thursday night’s season opener at Hunter Stadium.

00016654-image.jpg


Costigan will be one of six former Dragons who will line-up for the Knights, adding extra spice to the blockbuster clash.

“I actually haven’t played them yet since I’ve been here,” Costigan said.

“Every time we’ve played them I’ve been injured so I’m looking forward to it.

“I’ve got a few phone calls already from a few of the boys saying they want to take my head off, but I’ve told them I can’t wait. It should be a good match.”

Costigan joined the Knights in 2011, but bad luck with injuries hampered his debut season with the club.

The former Queensland Origin representative said he was feeling fit and ready after a successful pre-season.

“The last few years I haven’t done a full pre-season so this one is my first one for a while and I feel pretty good,” he said.

“I’ve played a few good minutes in the trial games and just cant wait till Thursday.”

Costigan said anticipation levels were high amongst the entire Knights squad.

“The boys are raring to go, they can’t wait until Thursday night. It’s a good thing to have all our players fresh and we’ve got plenty of depth there,” he added.

“We’ve got a good squad with heaps of good players but it’s not about what’s on paper, it’s about what we do out on the field.

“It would be good to win the first game of the season, especially against the Dragons, but we’ve just got to go out there and take it as a normal game, be prepared and do all the little things right.”

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/...ostigan-excited-to-do-battle-with-former-club

​
 
I wouldn't be travelling to Newcastle on a thursday night, if it wasn't against my dads team, and if I wasn't pumped about seeing Bennett coached team, and seeing Buderus again.
 
Geez, I'd take the day off work and travel from Invercargill to Auckland if it meant I could go to this game!!! No doubt in the world.
 
Back
Top