Recruitment And Retention Discussion

If the reports about Annan and Schiller being on good coin are accurate, why doesn’t POS look to move them on? The club could promote Hunt and Votano into the top 30 and use the freed up cap space to try and sign Papali or a quality middle.
 
Most of POS's more speculative signings are on short-term deals. So he won't have to sell or pay to play elsewhere any of the ones that don't work out. It'll be a "Best of luck in your future endeavours" for 2027.

There's no quick fix to the roster mess he inherited.
 
No chance, I don't think even the ESL will come knocking.

They’d easily get contacts in the ESL. Especially Cogger. Clubs would be falling over themselves to sign a GF winning half lol

I think people are being too harsh on Schiller that no other club would want him. He’s leading the comp in tackle breaks (or at least he was a week ago). There’s clearly a talented footy player in there. Just needs some work.
 
2025 mid season recruits

1 Cullen Gray - Union
2 Dom Young - Roosters
3 Marcus Dac're - Canada Union
4 Sully Hoad - Queensland
5
6 Mitch Henderson - Canberra via Qld cup
7 Jake Arthur - Manly
8 Wil Sullivan - Qld cup
9 Aydon Hoad - Qld
10 Lachlan Crouch - Cronulla
11 Dylan Coyte - Manly
12
13 Mason Teague - Dolphins

14 Ryder Williams - Titans
Well when you put it like that, we’ve been busy.
 
Annan 3 years Sullivan 4 years
"Most" is quite a challenging word; I can see how that tripped you up.

Annan is a union convert, so I would have thought that was part of the reason for the length (and don't mention Marky Mark if you don't want to be laughed at). Sullivan is like 21, so I can't see how that timing for a prop (assuming he keeps developing) is problematic at all.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Goz
Of the more speculative signings, Teague, Saulo, Hola, JArthur, Decourcy and BTW Anan too, because his third year is a CO.

All of these guys are going to be gone at the end of 25 or 26 unless the club decides to extend.

So that only really leaves Sullivan, who is a 21-year-old developing prop on likely base money and like most NRL props given it's the toughest position in the game probably won't hit his best years until his mid 20s.
 
Of the more speculative signings, Teague, Saulo, Hola, JArthur, Decourcy and BTW Anan too, because his third year is a CO.

All of these guys are going to be gone at the end of 25 or 26 unless the club decides to extend.

So that only really leaves Sullivan, who is a 21-year-old developing prop on likely base money and like most NRL props given it's the toughest position in the game probably won't hit his best years until his mid 20s.
Did Saulo sign for 1 year?
 
Says who, the Knights announcement was 3 years. As is NRL.com. And he's the guy everyone wants to sack.

As for your list we don't even know how long the deals for Saulo and Hola are yet. I think I'm done here if we're just making things up.
It was reported that Hola’s contract was only for 1 year.
 
Did Saulo sign for 1 year?
That was the report this morning.

Says who, the Knights announcement was 3 years. As is NRL.com. And he's the guy everyone wants to sack.
Yes, that may be wrong, but that's how it's listed on zero tackle, so if it's wrong (and it looks like it could be), it's their mistake, not mine: https://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/teams/newcastle-knights/

FWIW, the article that Zero Tackle links to doesn't mention a club option, but it does mention that they expected it would take Annan time to cross over from union, as I pointed out to you earlier in the thread.

But, Ok, that gives you Annan versus Hola, Saulo, BOTH recently reported as 1 year (do keep up), JArthur, Teague, Decourcy....I'm not giving you Sullivan, a 21-year-old developing prop.

So yeah, that's 1 v 5, so still "most".

I think I'm done here if we're just making things up.
lol...OK. But maths is still maths and 1 v 5 is still....*checks notes* "most".


No one is making anything up, buddy. IDK why you have it in for POS (any more than I understood why you have had it in for Crossland), but the bloke has already shed a bunch of dud contracts, unearthed talent and signed a marquee.

IDK what he's supposed to be doing that he's not but do tell....*reaches for popcorn*
 
Back
Top