Official: Korbin Sims signs with the Broncos

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by rhugh89, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

The issue would be that he is on more money than we think he is worth.

2. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

We definitely don't have cap issues after the dead wood we released this year.

On Korbin, even after his ordinary 2016 I don't think we could afford to lose him, not yet anyway. We need as much aggression and experience as we can next year.

3. danknights

danknights Ben Kennedy

We would be stupid to let him go. I think the dragons have more problems then just a front rower. I think they need a 7 before anything else. As for the titans.... Well I'm sure they have enough props.

4. Hunterstelvis

Hunterstelvis Banned

Total bull****

5. ForeverKnights

ForeverKnights Adrian Brunker

We can't afford to lose these type of players if we don't have backup signings. Our forwards are already young.

6. Ethan

Ethan Ben Kennedy

I read something that said its because of the money he is on , he didn't help himself the way he played last season I don't think ...I'm a bit either way here because I don't know how much he is on but he didn't earn a big pay last season .
    He plays well sometimes but goes missing others and definately got out played by Daniel Saifiti and Sam Mataora last season imo...If Korbin gave 100% effort 100% of the time I would say keep him but he doesn't ...

7. alexwilliams

alexwilliams Adrian Brunker

Wood machinist
    Rumour is we're being offered a player swap with the Broncos for Joe Ofenghaue (no idea how to spell it).

8. danknights

danknights Ben Kennedy

Yeah Joe goes alright but still. I wouldn't be too happy about it.

9. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Uncle Wayne wanting to rort us one last time - getting us to pay for another player worth twice the one we get in return.

10. Ethan

Ethan Ben Kennedy

That report also says Jack de Belin wants out at the Dragons and may be offered in a swap for Korbin...

11. Hughburt6

Hughburt6 Dean Carney

I really rate Joe Ofahengaue, he will only be 22 this season coming too

12. Treadly

Treadly Rod Shoesmith

That I would say works out in our favor

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

13. mullenmagic

mullenmagic Trent Estatheo

We'll be laughing if we could get De Belin for Sims.

14. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Now that would be a great move.

15. Defender1

Defender1 Steve Simpson

Mmmm, I recall after the home game against the Dragons this year; mention of De Belin being a big chance of becoming a Knight next year. Protracted negotiations perhaps!!! :think:

16. Ethan

Ethan Ben Kennedy

Maybe we could swap Korbin for one of these guys (De Belin or Ofahengaue ) and buy the other...
    As I'm not up to date with how these 2 are going what do you guys think , sounds like most would be happy with both of these for Korbin ....Should we go after both , which is the best and best buy , if we got either or both would that fill our prop stocks up ...

De Belins Wikipedia profile says Lock , Prop and 5/8 haven't seen that before lol.

As I said before I'm a bit either way with Korbin but he does look fitter than ive ever seen him before and that could be a good reason to keep him as a fit Korbin might not go missing and that would make him worth keeping , on the other hand if we keep him and he plays like last year (which wasn't terrible but wasn't good enough either ) we will have missed out on what looks to be a good replacement....

17. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    De Belin just wants the opportunity to train at our stadium hoping to find his a**e hole that Timana Tahu caused him to spew into the turf.

18. ryan.berger.56

ryan.berger.56 Todd Bates

We've already scrapped a bunch of players taking up the salary cap. It defeats the purpose if we are letting players go but not signing anyone....
    We still need a team for round one, so just let him stay unless there's another forward on the market we can pick up....which there isn't

19. Ethan

Ethan Ben Kennedy

De Belin has a broken wrist and just had surgery

20. Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers Banned

I'd take De Belin in a heart beat, and especially for Sims who, from what we've seen, is very talented but essentially a non-committed style of player.

Just like his brother, he'll play for a contract and not much else