Official: Korbin Sims signs with the Broncos

We definitely don't have cap issues after the dead wood we released this year.

On Korbin, even after his ordinary 2016 I don't think we could afford to lose him, not yet anyway. We need as much aggression and experience as we can next year.
 
We would be stupid to let him go. I think the dragons have more problems then just a front rower. I think they need a 7 before anything else. As for the titans.... Well I'm sure they have enough props.
 
These rumours about Korbin have popped up again via the RLW Mole

Hunting for a big man

The Titans and Dragons are still on the lookout for an experienced front-rower and could find their man in Knights enforcer Korbin Sims.

I am hearing that the Knights are prepared to release Sims, who at 24 is one of the most experienced forwards on their roster, due to salary cap issues.

Sims’ brother Tariq left the club midway through last season and there is every chance Korbin could also be on the move before the new season if a deal can be struck.

Big and strong, Sims is a forward opposition packs don’t like to play against and he would be a big loss for the struggling Knights.

But coach Nathan Brown is happy with the way the young brigade at the club is progressing and believes they will be better players for the tough experiences of 2016.


http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/moles-monday-scoops-11-27/

Total bull****
 
I read something that said its because of the money he is on , he didn't help himself the way he played last season I don't think ...I'm a bit either way here because I don't know how much he is on but he didn't earn a big pay last season .
He plays well sometimes but goes missing others and definately got out played by Daniel Saifiti and Sam Mataora last season imo...If Korbin gave 100% effort 100% of the time I would say keep him but he doesn't ...
 
Rumour is we're being offered a player swap with the Broncos for Joe Ofenghaue (no idea how to spell it).
 
Rumour is we're being offered a player swap with the Broncos for Joe Ofenghaue (no idea how to spell it).
Uncle Wayne wanting to rort us one last time - getting us to pay for another player worth twice the one we get in return.
 
That report also says Jack de Belin wants out at the Dragons and may be offered in a swap for Korbin...
 
That report also says Jack de Belin wants out at the Dragons and may be offered in a swap for Korbin...

Mmmm, I recall after the home game against the Dragons this year; mention of De Belin being a big chance of becoming a Knight next year. Protracted negotiations perhaps!!! :think:
 
Maybe we could swap Korbin for one of these guys (De Belin or Ofahengaue ) and buy the other...
As I'm not up to date with how these 2 are going what do you guys think , sounds like most would be happy with both of these for Korbin ....Should we go after both , which is the best and best buy , if we got either or both would that fill our prop stocks up ...

De Belins Wikipedia profile says Lock , Prop and 5/8 haven't seen that before lol.

As I said before I'm a bit either way with Korbin but he does look fitter than ive ever seen him before and that could be a good reason to keep him as a fit Korbin might not go missing and that would make him worth keeping , on the other hand if we keep him and he plays like last year (which wasn't terrible but wasn't good enough either ) we will have missed out on what looks to be a good replacement....
 
De Belin just wants the opportunity to train at our stadium hoping to find his a**e hole that Timana Tahu caused him to spew into the turf.
 
We've already scrapped a bunch of players taking up the salary cap. It defeats the purpose if we are letting players go but not signing anyone....
We still need a team for round one, so just let him stay unless there's another forward on the market we can pick up....which there isn't
 
I'd take De Belin in a heart beat, and especially for Sims who, from what we've seen, is very talented but essentially a non-committed style of player.

Just like his brother, he'll play for a contract and not much else
 
Back
Top