Official: Korbin Sims signs with the Broncos

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by rhugh89, Aug 21, 2016.

1. rhugh89

rhugh89 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

From the SMH, Not much to go on

Sims brothers may reunite

Should Newcastle attempt to shed players to ease salary cap pressure expect Cronulla to have a crack at Korbin Sims.

Sims is on a lucrative deal, although the Knights have indicated they have no intention of letting him go at this stage.

Newcastle have already released Sims' brother, Tariq, mid-season to St George Illawarra and it wouldn't surprise if the Dragons attempt to reunite them at some stage.

The Knights are hoping to gain approval for an Anthony Watmough-style career-ending insurance payout for injured forward Kade Snowden.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...tried-to-shake-things-up-20160820-gqx7od.html

2. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Again people are bagging Korbs out, but atm at this time of the after the season the club as had... who wouldnt switch off a touch.

Ive been watching korbs closely the past few months now, and im not sure if its Brown telling the likes of Korbin, Hodkinson, Smith, Paea and the like to take a back seat to let the young guys take on the fight in front of them for a bigger learning curve for the year! Or they are just over it for this year!

There is plenty of questions that need answers from this season and im sure none of us will hear them.

One thing i know is Korbin ain't soft... he loves the collision! This year ive only seen 10 minutes here and there in each game where his gone full tilt then sat back and directed the likes of King, saifiti twins, Pauli and what not.

3. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Korbs is a decent firstgrade forward and nothing more.
    If Brown and Mooney decide they could use the money better, it's hard to argue.
    Sam Mataora offers about the same for half the money.

4. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

Sam mataora has become a great forward. Just starting to learn great lines to run.

5. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Great is a bit of a stretch.

Korbin going about as well as faalogo did last year. Embarrassing. He still gets paid, he should be putting in.

6. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

He is the most improved by far. Exactly slots, he gets paid to play not stand back and watch. Lead by actions not by words.

7. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I suggest u lot watch some taps of this season!

Korbs did the whole pre-season in the backrow which imo put him back a gear as a prop/lock which is 100% where he should be playing.

His also quite obviously playing to the instructions handed down by the boss, Brown and co.

Add to that the added pressure of playing in a side that is way off the pace = no player could be a stand out

But sure thats get rid of him along with the rest of the actual nrl quality players and replace them with WHO???

The state this club is in, the only players we will be able to get here are either sub standard or a baskit case with major help needed off field.

8. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

Mate I've seen Korbin make probably one good tackle a game. The whole team needs to leave how to defend with shoulders instead of arms. Whoever the defence coach is needs to be sacked.

9. sau

sau Richard Clarke

zoo keeper
    I've watched and played with korbin for a few years in the juniors one thing you could never say was he never put effort in, I think his struggled personally since Alex's accident this club has gone through a lot and korbin has had to shelter a lot of that. as a fan I don't want to see him go but from a personal level his 24 now he needs a change for his career

10. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

Oh mate I'm not saying he can't put effort in I'd just rather him lead by actions instead of letting the "younger" blokes run. He is a young one himself. Every time you run out you put yourself on show. If the team can't keep up so be it.

11. Left Foot

Left Foot Banned

Worst year in first grade. He doesn't get along with Browny from what I have heard.

12. ASJ82

ASJ82 Todd Bates

Mech Fitter
    Wouldn't surprise me, browny did let his brother go

13. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

Yeah I guess it's hard to know the relationship between players and coach. Obviously browny is playing hardball and some of the cruisey blokes don't like it. I guess it's like parenting in a way. Trying to get a 2 year old to stop doing something is like talking to a brick wall sometimes. Trying to get enthusiasm into a group coming last would be just as hard.

14. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

If you were a player under stone and then under Brown it would be like marshmallow and diamonds ...I like it ....

15. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

I'd probably slap browny in the face. Bit of a payback from baz haha.

16. ryan.berger.56

ryan.berger.56 Todd Bates

Should be buying players not letting them go. I know we need to ease salary cap pressure, but it has surely been eased enough to recruit some players before getting rid of any more of our top players.

17. Aidos

Aidos Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Sione and Ross are the only players you'd say have put their hand up to stay. Mullen too but his recent injury history is a worry.

I say put the cleaners through whoever else he wants.

18. ryan.berger.56

ryan.berger.56 Todd Bates

I wouldn't be getting rid of Mullen hodkinson korbin Pauli mataora Levi Barnett Jacob and Daniel or Mamo either

19. Aidos

Aidos Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I should have mentioned the Saifiti's. Whoops!

Levi through no fault of his own has carried a back injury all year. I'm sure he's in future plans.

Barnett looks promising. Gives the side some much needed aggression.

Wouldn't bother me at all to see Korbin, Hodkinson and the rest shown the door.

20. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Korbs has been too soft and it would be great for him to join Tariq. i don't like the dragons much!

I am yet to be fully convinced about Sione, but the move to the back row seems a good move, the few games he has played there. His brothers can sure go. Ross is fine he has resigned, with the Safaitis', and Randell. Elliot is improving each game and Gagai needs a good rest/surgery to get over this thigh issue.