Official: Knights sign David Klemmer for 5 years

Funny how you all make jokes about what I say but I’m the one who also started this thread and told I was wrong and it wouldn’t ever happen......and your mate **** head cowboyman chirps about everything but when is wrong he disappears only to pop his head up when he can follow behind some one else’s comment any way I have better things to do in life then deal with you ****ing nerds
I'm offended by you not including me, but carry on.
 
No. Why would he leave dogs to go to another sydney team when the reason he wants to leave is to get closer to family (near newy) and out of sydney?
 
Patiently waiting for the announcement. He has decided to try his hand at NFL asking for an immediate release.
 
The timing of an announcement on Klemmer will likely hinge on the Doggies announcing their signing of Napa.

They're just in damage control and trying to soften the backlash from the Kennel
 
They were saying today on bulldogsfm that Napa wants to see out his contract with the rooters
 
They were saying today on bulldogsfm that Napa wants to see out his contract with the rooters
I would as well, I wouldn’t go near the dumpster fire that is the dogs. I’d rather earn 150k-200k less to actually enjoy my football at a successful club. I’d be shocked if the dogs make it past 12th.
 
I dont care if dogs get no replacement at all for klem. They will be releasing him as they have no choice.
 
I dont care if dogs get no replacement at all for klem. They will be releasing him as they have no choice.

Practically, they're between a rock and hard place that's for sure. Legally though, they can hold him to his contract. And why wouldn't they? Other than gaining salary cap space, they have more to lose via their disgruntled fanbase by releasing him early. It sets an example for other players as well. I hope it's announced soon that he's released, but I'd expect that they make the Knights wait.
 
No choice? They could make him see out his contract.

Nah, they can try to sure, but nobody wants a player there that does not want to be there.

Also, if this dispute involves unpaid 3rd party agreements and the dogs insist he stay, Klem can take them to court for unpaid payments much like Foran. The NRL spotlight didn't end well for Manly, same thing would happen with dogs.

Dogs know they have no choice and will release him, Klem probably not forcing the issue out of respect for the club and fans he had been at for so long. Letting Dogs get replacement etc. But pre season has started now and Klem due back shortly, he wont want to sit idle once his holiday time is over so regardless of dogs recruitment he will be released.
 
I'm not saying they won't, he'll be here for sure. Just that they could refuse a release if they wanted to.

Seems that their cap situation is more screwed than even the most dire predictions. You don't let your best player walk just because they're unhappy. He apparently made contact with the Knights in August, so this has been a problem this season, and he still won their player of the year award.
 
What part of 3rd party payments do people not understand?

Klemmer won’t have a leg to stand on against the Dogs due to those 3rd party payments. Dogs will be at arms length away and have no legal obligation to them therefore aren’t responsible for them.

I’m amazed at how many people can’t/haven’t grasped that yet.
 
Back
Top