Official: Knights sign David Klemmer for 5 years

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/3ebf402d9ff03d757b144c13dd2182b3

Newcastle star Mitchell Pearce has revealed he made a phone call to David Klemmer from Bali in a bid to lure the powerhouse prop to the Knights in 2019.

Klemmer’s exit from Canterbury during the pre-season appears inevitable with Channel 9 reporting the Australia Test star’s management will meet with the Bulldogs on Wednesday in what could signal the end of his time at the club.

The Knights are ready to swoop with a multimillion-dollar deal and even got their halfback to play the role of recruiter during negotiations.

“I had a chat to him when I was in Bali, the club got me to give him a ring,” Pearce told Channel 9.

“I’ve got a good relationship with him and I’ve always had a lot of respect for him so I hope it works itself out.”

Pearce said Klemmer would fit in seamlessly at the Knights.

“I’ve got all my fingers crossed,” he said.

“I really love ‘Klem’ as a bloke and I think he’d be so perfect for this team.

“I’m sure the town with embrace him, everyone loves a hard man up front that leads your pack.”

With the Bulldogs resigned to losing Klemmer, Channel 9 and The Australian’s Brent Read also report the club have zeroed in on Sydney Roosters prop Dylan Napa as a potential replacement.

Napa still has one year remaining on his Tricolours contract and would need a release in order to switch club.

The Bulldogs have reportedly tabled an offer of around $600,000 per season to Napa.

“I would be shocked if he doesn’t take it,” Read told Triple M’s Rush Hour with MG.
 
Wouldn't be the worst career move for Napa, if anyone's going to get his agro going Dean Pay would be the man.

I think anyone going to the Bulldogs in the next few years will be making a bad career move. Once Klemmer leaves it's gonna be even harder to attract anyone, they're gonna go down the same route as us I think, having a terrible roster & paying overs for a few years just to get back into the mix.
 
Barry Toohey has confirmed on Twitter today that Klemmer was in Newcastle on the weekend and was at the Jets game on Saturday night and went to the movies at Hoyts Charlestown.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
The latest from Toohey is that the Knights continue to play a waiting game in their pursuit of Klemmer.

This thread started on 19 July, we have been waiting for nearly 4 months now.

I really hope we hear something this week.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Is there anyone else on the knights radar?

Hopefully Klemmer is a done deal but do we have any offers on other forward just in case Klemmer doesn’t come off, surely we haven’t got our eggs in one basket.....

You would like to think we are looking at signing another top player along with Klemmer on our hit list with $2m in cap space. I would be disappointed if we only sign backup player and Klemmer
 
The latest from Toohey is that the Knights continue to play a waiting game in their pursuit of Klemmer.

This thread started on 19 July, we have been waiting for nearly 4 months now.

I really hope we hear something this week.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know it started 4 months ago I started it with very good information and people told me it would never happen :giggle::newcastle:
 
In a story just posted on the Herald website, Canterbury is not expected to release Klemmer until next week as they wait to see the ramifications of the coaches merry-go-round.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
The latest from Toohey is that the Knights continue to play a waiting game in their pursuit of Klemmer.

This thread started on 19 July, we have been waiting for nearly 4 months now.

I really hope we hear something this week.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If anyone doubts my information just jump over to the Klemmer signs with roosters thread!
 
Back
Top