Melbourne Storm Players

Wouldn't want Anthony Quinn. Would be very happy with Adam Blair though, and to a lesser extent Sika Manu.
 
Manu is a great prop IMO, he'd be a great addition our team. We should target him of the players left over.

Blair is more of a backrower but can play prop aswell. Can't blame the club if we target him also because he's a superstar!
 
I dont care wat anyone says IMO cooper cronk is the spine of the Melbourne Storm hes the organiser and their key playmaker. He would be the first player i would sign on at Newwy. 1.Gidley, 6.Mullen, 7.Cronk how good would that look?
 
I dont care wat anyone says IMO cooper cronk is the spine of the Melbourne Storm hes the organiser and their key playmaker. He would be the first player i would sign on at Newwy. 1.Gidley, 6.Mullen, 7.Cronk how good would that look?
I agree that looks awesome!,We need to sign Adam Blair tho,he's tough and got heaps of agression,I don't see Luke O'Donnell signing with us so Blair is the man we should be Chasing if the Storm let him go.
 
If the Storm can't keep Brett White, looks like he will become the 101st member of the Raiders forward pack:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-of-retaining-top-players-20100714-10b47.html

Article also mentions that if White goes, they are very confident of keeping both Manu and Blair. Not good new for us.

However, stay tuned for the auditers press conference today at 11am - apparently it is going to be big news. Storm could be losing a lot more players than they think...
 
I dont care wat anyone says IMO cooper cronk is the spine of the Melbourne Storm hes the organiser and their key playmaker. He would be the first player i would sign on at Newwy. 1.Gidley, 6.Mullen, 7.Cronk how good would that look?
I reckon Cronk is the spine aswell. Slater wouldn't be as good as he is without Cronk putting him through holes. Don't get me wrong, Slater is a great player but I think Cronk makes him look a little bit better than he is by putting him in holes.
 
Manu is a great prop IMO, he'd be a great addition our team. We should target him of the players left over.

Blair is more of a backrower but can play prop aswell. Can't blame the club if we target him also because he's a superstar!

Manu's played the majority of his footy in the backrow for Melbourne IIRC, where as Blair initially started out as a front rower and has now shifted to the backrow.

I also rate Blair higher than Manu. If not for Manu missing the majority of last season though, who knows? Thought that might've been his breakout season. That was a big set back for him IMO.

I dont care wat anyone says IMO cooper cronk is the spine of the Melbourne Storm hes the organiser and their key playmaker. He would be the first player i would sign on at Newwy. 1.Gidley, 6.Mullen, 7.Cronk how good would that look?

I want Johnathan Thurston too but that's just not gonna happen. Storm aren't gonna let Cronk go and if they do he'll more than likely take that ridiculous offer from Parramatta that was rumoured to be up around the $600k a season mark. There's no way we could contend with that, and for that amount of money, there's no way I'd want to either.
 
I reckon Cronk is the spine aswell. Slater wouldn't be as good as he is without Cronk putting him through holes. Don't get me wrong, Slater is a great player but I think Cronk makes him look a little bit better than he is by putting him in holes.

I agree that Cronk's key to Melbourne's success and pretty much runs the show up there, but it works both ways. They both make each other look better. If one of them were to leave, there's no doubt the other ones football would suffer.
 
In terms of pure talent, I rate the Storm big 4 as:
1. Slater
2. Inglis
3. Smith
4. Cronk

In terms of value to the Storm's playing style:
1. Smith
2. Slater
3. Cronk
4. Inglis
 
NRL.com says the possible 2011 Melbourne line-up is this:
Billy Slater, Matt Duffie, Greg Inglis, Chase Stanley, Justin O'Neill, Gareth Widdop, Cooper Cronk, Brett White, Cameron Smith, Bryan Norrie, Kevin Proctor, Robbie Rachow, Adam Blair. Interchange: Luke Kelly, Billy Rogers, Jesse Bromwich, Hep Cahill
 
NRL.com says the possible 2011 Melbourne line-up is this:
Billy Slater, Matt Duffie, Greg Inglis, Chase Stanley, Justin O'Neill, Gareth Widdop, Cooper Cronk, Brett White, Cameron Smith, Bryan Norrie, Kevin Proctor, Robbie Rachow, Adam Blair. Interchange: Luke Kelly, Billy Rogers, Jesse Bromwich, Hep Cahill

White won't be there, he's set to sign with raiders
 
NRL.com says the possible 2011 Melbourne line-up is this:
Billy Slater, Matt Duffie, Greg Inglis, Chase Stanley, Justin O'Neill, Gareth Widdop, Cooper Cronk, Brett White, Cameron Smith, Bryan Norrie, Kevin Proctor, Robbie Rachow, Adam Blair. Interchange: Luke Kelly, Billy Rogers, Jesse Bromwich, Hep Cahill


Love for the knights to play that team come State Of Origin time :D

The Storm have to drop atleast one if not two of those players. Forget LOD get Cooper Cronk.
 
Love for the knights to play that team come State Of Origin time :D

The Storm have to drop atleast one if not two of those players. Forget LOD get Cooper Cronk.

Forget signing someone who's actually off contract and we're in contention for to focus on someone who's still on contract and has no desire to join the Newcastle Knights? We have about as much chance signing Jonah Lomu as we do Cooper Cronk. Not gonna happen.
 
Forget signing someone who's actually off contract and we're in contention for to focus on someone who's still on contract and has no desire to join the Newcastle Knights? We have about as much chance signing Jonah Lomu as we do Cooper Cronk. Not gonna happen.


As much as I hate to agree. Sadly I must admit that you are right. Cronk will no way join the Newcastle Knights. We can dare to dream but realistically it's not my Rugby League 3 franchise where I have

1.Gidley

6.Cambell
7.Cronk.

Besides. We already have:
1. Ben Rodges
2. Jarrod Mullen
3. Beau Henry
4. Kurt Gidley.

Do we really need anymore halves?
 
Forget signing someone who's actually off contract and we're in contention for to focus on someone who's still on contract and has no desire to join the Newcastle Knights? We have about as much chance signing Jonah Lomu as we do Cooper Cronk. Not gonna happen.

Agreeeee I am so sick of hearing every name in the book including Cronk who:

a) Has attracted interest from Parra and strongly came out and denied going there... how do the Knights stand a chance?

b) Is the Storms NO.1 'not going anywhere' player.

Would Inglis come to Andrew Johns' hometown and play for the Knights with pride after all that happened this year, be realistic... dreaming. He knocked back a Broncos offer, why are the Knights any better as a recruiting club? :lol:

As for if we will sign any Storm players, highly doubt that too.
 
Back
Top