Matt Minto and Travis Waddell to leave the Knights

rhugh89

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
From Team Announcement Article

It is set to be a special day, when the Club celebrates Old Boys Day in partnership with theMark Hughes Foundation as well as also farewelling the Club’s departing players.


Willie Mason, Adam Cuthbertson, Travis Waddell and Timana Tahu will be joined by Josh Mantellato, Matt Minto, Michael Dobson and Anthony Quinn to be officially farewelled following Sunday’s match at Hunter Stadium.

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2014/09/02/knights_name_round_26_team.html
 
Hopefully Bennett takes Minto to the Broncos with him, I hate seeing players go back into the wilderness when they've only played a couple of games. Clearly wasn't a fullback but best of luck to him.
 
Of all the dozen or so Queenslanders on our books since Wayne arrived the only one i'm really keen to see stay is Harry Pondekas.
 
I was really starting to like Waddell too.

Can I ask what's happening with Joey Leilua? Is he definately staying on?
 
He signed a contract extension until the end of 2016 and he will be here until then

Beyond that we will just have to wait and see mate :)

Thanks. I would hate to lose him. Another 2 years is good, so the basic core of the team will take the field next year, minus Willie of course.
 
I think Hilder got a send off last year because he only signed for part time reserve grade this year.
 
Looks like Randall is a big part of our future with Travis being marched.

Minto who lol?

Great to see Stone cutting hard and cutting deep.
 
We really can't be 100% sure with Minto I mean he was thrown into first grade in an unfamiliar position and seems to be going well in the halves albeit NSW Cup. I don't have a problem with him being moved on but he was hardly given a shot here.
 
Hey i noticed this also.

Does anyone know where Wardell is going? Was he offered a contract or did he walk?

I liked Wardell definitely think we should retain him. Thought he would be for the long term with gags.
 
I assume we mustn't have offered Waddell a new contract ... because I don't think he'd be in huge demand, I think we'd have heard if we were in negotiations. Just my guess though.

Minto has done well in the halves in NSW Cup, but it's just hard to erase from your memory how his few games in first grade went.
 
Travis you can feel for but we have better comming through.

Minto is rubbish and glad to see him go will never be a first grader.
 
We don't need Waddell because Clydesdale, Redman, Randell and Levi are all younger and will be better.
Minto is replaced by Tuimavae but we also have Dobson leaving, so I think we could keep him as well as Feeney for the NSW cup halves.
 
Back
Top