Luke O'Donnell takes English offer

I'd love to have him. He's the type of player who's aggression could really spark our other forwards.
 
I would love to have him but we have a lot of second rowers and locks already. Paterson, Taia, Taufua, Ciraldo, Hilder, Costigan, Mika, Simpson? Thats possibly 9 second rowers and locks next year!
 
Another second rower though! do we really need that? I was hoping another decent prop and centre!

Hes not been at his best for 2 years if he can rediscover himself then yes he would be a very handy player to have.
 
HELL YES. I really hope we can get him. He will add so much to our forward pack next season. PLEASE O'DONNELL SIGN WITH NEWCASTLE
 
Sounds good, if we can snare him, we really only need a prop and centre for next year ... although I'd take Brett Finch in a heartbeat too.
 
IMO we need LOD and 2 hard *** props like Eastwood . The only criteria's should be are they aggressive and tough? Because we need a strong pack to support Henry. Because teams are gonna be targeting Henry . Players like Lod won't let that **** happen !!!
 
It pretty much looks like a done deal. I wonder how much money we offered. Still believe signing a quality prop should be first priority.
 
Sharks and the Cowboys are really the only contenders, his manager has already said Cronulla has next to no chance and if he wanted to stay in NQ he would have re-signed already. I'm praying we get him, he'll add so much power, aggression and experience in our forward pack that we desperately need. Cant wait to hear more on the deal, hopefully its good news!
 
Sharks and the Cowboys are really the only contenders, his manager has already said Cronulla has next to no chance and if he wanted to stay in NQ he would have re-signed already. I'm praying we get him, he'll add so much power, aggression and experience in our forward pack that we desperately need. Cant wait to hear more on the deal, hopefully its good news!
I think we'll get him. It'd be great to have him, Kaufusi, Costigan, Kyle O'Donnell and some of the current Knights in the forward pack.

If we get him I think we will have one of the best packs in the comp for 2011.
 
Sharks and the Cowboys are really the only contenders, his manager has already said Cronulla has next to no chance and if he wanted to stay in NQ he would have re-signed already. I'm praying we get him, he'll add so much power, aggression and experience in our forward pack that we desperately need. Cant wait to hear more on the deal, hopefully its good news!

nice contradiction.
 
Great news!!! If we do snare him, I think Taufua will have to switch back to the front row to make way.
 
From the article:
The dollars are there, but I've just asked them to construct the deal a bit differently

Constructing the deal a little differently? Unknowing of the inner workings of NRL contracts, what could the potential differences be, and would they have any substantial impact on the final deal?

I'm guessing it's probably just along the lines of potential extension options, get-out clauses or representative benefits?
 
Yeah proberly along those lines afro, I think we are very close to signing him and i really hope we can snag him.
DHoops Frizzed kinda looks like Micheal Young a former newcastle knight if u know who im talking about u will know the anwser to your question lol
 
Back
Top