Let's be honest its time for our team for 2021!

I see Huth is training with the squad, so whatever injury he picked up in the reserve grade game wasn't too serious.
 
https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2020/05/12/ponga-endorses-hoy-as-no.1-replacement/

Ponga endorsing Hoy.
Says Hoy is living with him and Watson at the moment, which is a good move. Those 3 small, fit guys will push each other if they are training together.

Also says Hoy, Mann and Roberts-Davis are doing goal kicking at training.
I keep thinking Mann used to kick in under 18s, but I can't really remember if he did or not.

I remember O'Brien saying in an interview following Hoy's star turn in the Nines that he (Hoy) was very close to Ponga and Watson. Obi also said that Ponga and Watson were both quite passive, laid back guys, but Hoy was very assertive and forward and confident etc. I found it quite interesting.
 
I think he’s pushing turd uphill of getting a run unless we get injuries. Can’t see the two incumbents getting dropped. Best will probably grab a bench spot I reckon.
Honestly, if everyone was at their personal peak, the only back five player who would be picked ahead of Moga is Ponga.
I'm not a fan and I hope he finds another club next year, but the coach has a weapon there, and should find a way to use it while we are paying for it.
 
Honestly, if everyone was at their personal peak, the only back five player who would be picked ahead of Moga is Ponga.
I'm not a fan and I hope he finds another club next year, but the coach has a weapon there, and should find a way to use it while we are paying for it.

yeah I agree, if we started poorly I’d say he’d be in. Anyway see what happens.
 
Time to drag this thread out again.

1. Ponga.
2. Lee.
3. Best.
4. ?????? up for grabs.
5. Hunt.
6. Crosslands - I give up Pearce needs to the pressure taken off him, pretty sad when an $800k player and captain can't be your main man.
7. Pearce - stripped of captaincy to play his own game.
8. Klemmer
9. Brailey.
10. Dan.
11. Sione.
12. Friz.
13. Barnett.

14 Mann - I love Connor but he isn't worth $650k with his injuries.
15. Jacob.
16. Psaulo.
17. Glasby - hopefully he comes back we need 1 old head.
 
Last edited:
Time to drag this thread out again.

1. Ponga.
2. Lee.
3. Best.
4. ?????? up for grabs.
5. Hunt.
6. Crosslands - I give up Pearce needs to the pressure taken off him, pretty sad when an $800k player and captain can't be your main man.
7. Pearce - stripped of captaincy to play his own game.
8. Klemmer
9. Brailey.
10. Dan.
11. Sione.
12. Friz.
13. Barnett.

14 Mann - I love Connor but he isn't worth $650k with his injuries.
15. Jacob.
16. Psaulo.
17. Glasby - hopefully he comes back we need 1 old head.
Fitz?
 
1. Ponga
2. ???? (Lee is too injury and accident prone and it’s time we cut him loose
3. Tuala
4. Best
5. Hunt
6. Crossland/Burton/Mann (we need to commit to Crossland or even pinch Burton from the Panthers)
7. Pearce
8. Klemmer
9. Brailey/Mann/McCullough
10. Dan Saifiti
11.????/Fitz
12. Frizell
13. Barnett

14 Mann
15. Saulo
16. Jacob Saifiti
17. Momoisea
I believe the recent injury to Connor Watson can reconsider us from resigning him.
 
Last edited:
Yeah there's been no bigger bagger of Sione over the years at centre he was laughably bad, but defending a couple more in he goes good.
 
Back
Top