Latrell..

What has Latrell done wrong... He declined a contract offer from the roosters to which they pulled that offer off the table. He has every right to then go and see what other clubs are offering. He don’t need to sign a contract immediately as he is still contracted next season.
The media aka uncle Nicks mates have really done a job on him to make him out as this bad guy.

I think clubs get pissed at players stalling/using leverage in negotiations through their agents because there is probably a lot of time and planning that goes into these negotiations and the legal costs from the clubs perspective in going back and forth with crossing the t's and dotting the i's. And then making sure the NRL approves/registers it. Probably why teams (like the Raiders with Tedesco) get pissed when players renege on contract agreements, or why negotiations seem to be a bigger distraction for players then we think.

Who knows what is true and what is not I guess. The most accurate narrative would be that he wants to set himself up well financially going forward for his young family (another kid on the way too?) which would be a plausible narrative.
All we hear about is careers being short and this contract is a very important one from his perspective setting him up for his prime years.
Then there is talk he may not want to play past 30 or pursue other interests.

The whole way a player can be approached after November 1st the year before they are off contract is probably one of the most stupid things in this sport but that's a discussion for another thread. And when you add on the accrued legal costs of negotiations going back that far it's just another reason to scrap this ridiculous system.

The clubs may well get p*ssed but they can’t have it both ways. They have no problem moving players on as they please so if a player wants to take his time and get as much as he can then good luck to him.

The only circus here is the media beat up that I’ve got no doubt is because of uncle nick and not Latrell himself.

John Asiata who is contracted to the Cowboys has recently done a tour around the Titans facilities while under contract at the Cowboys for next season. Why is there no “circus” going on around his contractual situation...

Massive beat up by Roosters hierarchy to save face.

Probably because Asiata isn't throwing his Origin coach under the bus in interviews and costing himself 100k a year in the process? Or openly saying that playing NRL is a chore?

We've now seen the Roosters and Tigers pull huge deals off the table, that doesn't happen for someone as talented as Latrell because of "the media".

He's either getting terrible advice, isn't very smart, or both. In any case it's costing him money.

Probably because Asiata isn't throwing his Origin coach under the bus in interviews and costing himself 100k a year in the process? Or openly saying that playing NRL is a chore?

We've now seen the Roosters and Tigers pull huge deals off the table, that doesn't happen for someone as talented as Latrell because of "the media".

He's either getting terrible advice, isn't very smart, or both. In any case it's costing him money.

My favourite part of the interview was when Latrell said something about him and his brother at the pub and now his brother is looking at 5 years for doing nothing. That says it all. Poor attitude, and clearly never looks after himself, always carrying extra weight.

I’m so over hearing about the Latrell saga.

He should shut up, do what he is told to do and look after his body. He should appreciate how lucky he is.

So what’s origin got to do with his contract that the Roosters have played very publicly to save face for him rejecting their offer? Nothing.

It's an example of Latrell costing himself money every time he opens his mouth.

And I'm not sure how you flip the roosters pulling their offer and trying to dump Latrell for 2020 as Latrell rejecting their offer?

He's publicly said he didn't reject anything, he told Trent Robinson he'd see what else was out there and was shattered when the chooks pulled their deal. And now he's on Instagram making posts saying "take me back" LOL. I know who rejected who.

It's an example of Latrell costing himself money every time he opens his mouth.

And I'm not sure how you flip the roosters pulling their offer and trying to dump Latrell for 2020 as Latrell rejecting their offer?

He's publicly said he didn't reject anything, he told Trent Robinson he'd see what else was out there and was shattered when the chooks pulled their deal. And now he's on Instagram making posts saying "take me back" LOL. I know who rejected who.

If he gets his $1 million a year contract I’m sure he won’t care to much.

Well he didn’t sign that 800k offer they gave him did he... So obviously rejected it while looking around. Again how is that Latrell fault. A lot of players go and test their market value.

Roosters got their panties all twisted up because he decided to test his value. Uncle Nick has done nothing but get his mates to run a media campaign against him from that moment on.

I just heard a little snippet of news on a f/book site and it said that Obrien said that Latrell would be a good fit at the Knights but that's all I heard .
If he came here id like him at 5/8 He is big fast talented and hits hard in defence we wouldn't need the backrower and centre to help him out like with other 5/8s ..

I just heard a little snippet of news on a f/book site and it said that Obrien said that Latrell would be a good fit at the Knights but that's all I heard .
If he came here id like him at 5/8 He is big fast talented and hits hard in defence we wouldn't need the backrower and centre to help him out like with other 5/8s ..

Sore sure, he'd be a handy player to have on the books, not knocking his talent at all.

As expected though, he'll be at Souths in 2020.
Reportedly a 2-year deal worth $1.4m, but this is only what I read this morning. If true he only cost himself $200k by not stayed where he was, or $600k if he took up the Tigers top-shelf offer.

Still wish him well and hope he gets his sh*t in order before it all falls apart, he's awesome to watch when his head is in the right place.
It'd be a shame if he wastes his ability based on poor attitude, selfish advice and management, and difficulty handling public criticism.

Back