Latrell..

At the Knights, I think Best is going to provide all that Latrell can as a centre.
Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I've only seen best play a few times but to be honest so far to me he appears to be more in the mould of someone like SKD - high work rate bringing the ball out of our end, solid defensively, reasonably quick/strong without having the explosive speed and power of the likes of inglis, Mitchell, etc.. not as much of a 'strike' center?? But then again I really only have seen him play 2 games...

I've only seen best play a few times but to be honest so far to me he appears to be more in the mould of someone like SKD - high work rate bringing the ball out of our end, solid defensively, reasonably quick/strong without having the explosive speed and power of the likes of inglis, Mitchell, etc.. not as much of a 'strike' center?? But then again I really only have seen him play 2 games...
He's 18. He could have played SG Ball this year if he wasn't injured. He is the current NSW under 18s fullback for 2019.

Last edited:
And the u18s Nsw game plan was to get Best one on one with someone close to the line. Kinda like a strike centre...

Buy season tickets to ice hockey even if we don't sign him. Ice Hockey is a great sport.

Hell yeah.

If you haven't seen "Goon" do yourself a favour and watch it. It takes hockey violence to the next level.

Hell yeah.

If you haven't seen "Goon" do yourself a favour and watch it. It takes hockey violence to the next level.

Hey thanks for that I'll check it out. The violence in the game has been toned down a lot these days.

And just to keep this on topic, I don't believe Latrell has ever played Ice Hockey, so I doubt he has an option there.

I showed an under 12's team Slapshot to rev them up for a GF many years ago. Down 14-0 at half time ended up joint Premiers with Wests 14-14.

Cody Walker just agreed to an extension with South Sydney expecting to be 2 years and $1.3m which has the Latrell signing to be unlikely. It's expected to be officially announced at some point soon.

Last edited:
Cody Walker just agreed to an extension with South Sydney expecting to be 2 years and $1.3m which has the Latrell signing to be unlikely. It's expected to be officially announced at some point soon.
From what I hear it’s from 2021 and will be in at the Roosters for 2020. Take it with a pinch of salt but this dude is mates with Latrell. It has been in the works for a while with the Burgess retirement sealing it.

The Latrell saga drags on and on.

Hopefully after all the drama he will realise he has to ‘pull his head in’.

What has Latrell done wrong... He declined a contract offer from the roosters to which they pulled that offer off the table. He has every right to then go and see what other clubs are offering. He don’t need to sign a contract immediately as he is still contracted next season.

The media aka uncle Nicks mates have really done a job on him to make him out as this bad guy.

What has Latrell done wrong... He declined a contract offer from the roosters to which they pulled that offer off the table. He has every right to then go and see what other clubs are offering. He don’t need to sign a contract immediately as he is still contracted next season.

The media aka uncle Nicks mates have really done a job on him to make him out as this bad guy.

Agree with this. He is entitled to speak with clubs about deals for 2021 onwards, although Roosters have apparently indicated that they'd release him for 2020 if he secures a deal. Not sure what he has done wrong, other than to try and negotiate as high a pay package for himself and his family. Good luck to him in doing so.

Dunno what has gone on behind closed doors, but he is already on the nose with Fitler given the attitude he has come in to Origin camps with, then producing two lazy Origin performances, and I'm sure Robinson would have been happy to have him for next year if his attitude was right even if he signed elsewhere but now doesn't want him around the squad. No problem with him doing a great deal with himself beyond next year. No problem him shopping himself as a fullback and letting clubs make up their own minds knowing that. No problem with what the Roosters did. They were always going to lose a player, most likely JWH, and needed an answer out of Latrell to avoid a Tahu/Kennedy situation that happened here, so they had to move on (or sort it before November 1). If his attitude was right, he'd still be there. Evidence for this is that Nick has softened his stance on him going to their greatest rival just to ship him out. It just doesn't seem his attitude is right.

He might not be doing anything "wrong", but creating this circus isn't doing him any favours.

Pretty ordinary look having the best team in the comp kick you to the curb.

He might not be doing anything "wrong", but creating this circus isn't doing him any favours.

Pretty ordinary look having the best team in the comp kick you to the curb.

That's the club's decision to do as they did, not Latrell's though. The media circus would likely still be going crazy with rumours, even if Latrell was committed to staying at the Roosters and came out publicly and said as much. Not saying he couldn't have handled it better, but the 'circus' is the way it is because of multiple factors, not just the player.

Sure. But the Roosters are not going to kick him out like they are, just from a media circus.

There is more to this that directly involved LM than just media beat ups.

Back