1. The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd

The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd Evan Cochrane

Asset Manager
    quoting Deeds. Incredible stuff. I think I’ll watch this tonight.

R_A likes this.
  2. R_A

R_A Mark Hughes

If only more clubs had the balls to say that to their players and their money hungry agents.

That was a paraphrase but you get the idea

3. Ethan

Ethan Tony Butterfield

I wouldn't mind if we got Latrell and had him play 5/8 the kids a talent when his head is in the right place .
    1 Ponga 6 Mitchell 7 Pearce 9 Brailey 14 Watson. That looks better than with anyone else's name that we have there , Even Watsons and I like him at 5/8 but Mitchell can be a special talent .
    Maybe he would take a smaller contract for 1st year and upgraded after that . The coach would have to be sure he could get his head right though .
    I know its not very likely but things change in footy pretty quickly so never say never .

4. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Dean Carney

Project Manager
  5. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Timana Tahu

The kids a talent for sure, but he appears also very flakey for want of a better word.

He wants fullback, if he came here to play 5/8 then gets sick of it he may just not give a stuff any more, ask for a release for personal reasons and next minute he is playing fullback for some other club. He could also just decide league isn't for him anymore and disappear completely, walk away from the game or sonny bill himself to union.

I like his talent, I don't like the risks that come associated with that talent and the salary cap we would have to tie up to get him, and keep him.

Wobbles, Lefty and knightime like this.
  6. Lefty

Lefty Josh Smith

Retired
    Very well said Kurriboy!

7. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Just watched an interview with him on nrl.com and he comes across as a kid who hasn't had to struggle to get where he is so doesn't know how lucky he is. He should have a long talk to Owen Craigie about how easy it is to waste your opportunities.
    Lot's of kids have the same decision to make - life or footy - but most of them make it in under 20s with no one but their parents giving a stuff, and they don't have millions of dollars riding on it.

Battler and R_A like this.
  8. Ethan

Ethan Tony Butterfield

Has Latrell's parents got millions I have no idea but it sounded to me like they struggled but who knows .

9. R_A

R_A Mark Hughes

The statistic is that in the NRL or in any sport the talent that breaks through to the top level and is able to maintain it for a period of the time is the top one percent of the top one percent...
    And a lot of factors contribute to that as you guys said

It is easy to waste away ones talent but a lot of young players have too much free time on their hands (ie no backup plan and outside interests) and from my understanding Latrell has a young family with another kid on the way so his head should be screwed on straight whether he stays with the Roosters or goes to another team.
    How long his mind feels like he should keep on playing for is entirely something that only him will know at the moment.

at least O’Brien is encouraging Pongas/Watson’s interest in photography for example

10. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Must be a nice spot to be in when your fallback plan is playing for the defending two time premiers on $500k.

Lefty likes this.
  11. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Mark Hughes

So have I got this right, we don’t want Latrell at any cost but hope we sign him to play in any position he desires as long as it costs us what we can afford and as long as he is happy with that no matter how it fits with everything else, he is to good to not sign but could be disruptive.
    Clear as mud? Me thinks

12. Battler

Battler Tim Maddison

Spot on, Frank.

13. slotmachine

You don't have to worry Frank, no money for a Latrell in 2020.

14. Ethan

Ethan Tony Butterfield

I would take Latrell but only to play 5/8 people seem to make out that Latrell has all the controversy that Izzy has who I would also buy in a heart beat if we had the cash .

15. danknights

danknights Ben Kennedy

Are you Michael Hagan?

16. alexwilliams

alexwilliams Adrian Shelford

Wood machinist
    Have you guys seen Latrell play at 5/8? :no:

17. krustykraz

krustykraz Todd Bates

Yep he had a great game at 5/8 for us when we beat the Chooks.

18. slotmachine

He didn't get much help, their half was pretty ordinary that day too.

Lefty, R_A and member 2299 like this.
  19. Owey

Owey Brett Grogan

I could empathise with him a whole lot more around that if he was busting his guts and things weren't going his way. That's not what I saw though. As I've said before, I doubt he will play soo again while Fitler is the coach.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

20. Owey

Owey Brett Grogan

If I was brining Latrell to my theoretical club at this point, I'd be happy to do it as a strike centre on $700k. His strengths are his speed, good defender, extremely hard to stop one on one. He is at his best in a personal confrontation with his opposite number. When he started hitting the ball up coming out of our end, pushing up in support every play and battling hard when a game looks lost, I'd start looking at him as a 5/8 or fb.

At the Knights, I think Best is going to provide all that Latrell can as a centre. At some point he is going to need an upgrade as well, and you couldn't keep both at that point. So, from Newcastles pov, it is a no for me and let Best grow in to that role.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Wobbles and Lefty like this.