KNIGHT IN FOCUS: Chris Adams

Ljackson

Banned
I just wanted to say how impressed I was with this young man tonight, in both defense and attack he was solid.

I would love to see more young players getting a taste of first grade this year.

When I first joined this forum I mentioned that I thought Adams was first grade material off the back of what I seen in trial games 2 years ago. In saying that I can't quite understand the borderline hysteria over his debut last night. Sure he was solid but in 32 minutes he made 18 tackles missing 3 and ran 11m(I actually can't remember him running out of dummy half once). He didn't look out of place in first grade but I think a few are getting carried away.

If he replaced bedsy he would have looked average but replacing Hilder he looked great, simple as tat.

Ok I'll go with that. But what exactly did he do to look GREAT ? By the way our attack has been pedestrian even with Buderus in the team apart from patches against Penrith who would make a croquet side look good. Danny played against the Eels didn't he ? We were on fire that day.

his service from dummy half was much quicker than hilders, he gave the ball to the forwards earlier so they had more of a chance to get a roll on, thats how i seen it...

Mate I'm not disagreeing with u, our attack is rubbish, we are not a good football side, IMO Adams got out of hooker better then Hilder, that could come down to playin against tired forwards I don't know, would have to see him play again. I think Hilder Is a workhorse would prefer him at lock. We desperately need a half that can read a game, we don't have that in stig, Roberts, gidley, Kelly. We are in big trouble cause we are a side that makes it up as we go and once u introduce structure (bennetts style) we don't have a half to lead us in that direction.

One thing Adams has always had going for him is his very strong defence.
He doesn't just make the tackle, he works guys over. He has been very solid for a guy his size since joining the club.
His dummy half work suffered because he had played so much in lower standard teams and he wouldn't give the ball to other guys on big plays because he was used to being the best player on the field and felt he should go himself.
He hasn't played much this year so far, but i expect he learnt a lot in an off season training with Bedsy and we might see him read the play better and be less selfish, which was his biggest fault in the past.
He reminds me of a less obnoxious version of Michael Ennis.

Don't get me wrong I have looked forward to Adams getting his chance for a couple of years. It's just the word outstanding was used to describe his effort last night which I think was a very big stretch. Then it was said outstanding compared to Hilder which again is a stretch.

When I first joined this forum I mentioned that I thought Adams was first grade material off the back of what I seen in trial games 2 years ago. In saying that I can't quite understand the borderline hysteria over his debut last night. Sure he was solid but in 32 minutes he made 18 tackles missing 3 and ran 11m(I actually can't remember him running out of dummy half once). He didn't look out of place in first grade but I think a few are getting carried away.

It happens on here every single time a new player debuts ... he is talked up as the next Immortal for a few weeks! Seen it plenty of times before.

hahah yeah stig and roberts last year for exampl lol, but james he did have a good debut i was impressed that he was able to speed up our attack and put us on the front foot

I'd keep him in the 17. He played pretty well considering he came on early due to McManus' injury. Still think hilder needs to play lock with either McKinnon or cuthbertson dropping with faoso off the bench.

His passing was quick, direct and accurate, and he was strong in defence. He had a couple of little darts before passing, and I think that running game will develop as he gets more time. Not sure if he picked up an injury last night, otherwise I reckon they could've kept him on for the rest of the game.

Back