Justin Holbrook discussion

I haven’t taken the Dally M’s seriously since 2019. Well, except for 2023 of course 😏

Everything else is just a crock of **** with the awards system.
 
While the awards are a joke, it’s still hard not to be disgruntled about the results.
Even in regular season, a new coach trying to implement his own system to a team that he doesn’t know (at times it’s looked like the team didn’t even know each other), put all the injuries on top, to go from last to seventh is a huge effort imo.
It’s hard to believe that in all the awards, all we picked up was NRLW rookie of the year.
 
Dally M is a flawed system anyway.

Despite going back to back Griffiths never won the NRLW coach of the year.

Ivan hasn't won since 2020 and Payten won in 2022 despite Panthers being a class above everyone.

Holbrook should have won but can see why Webster won.
 
So ridiculous, Cleary had a better season, got further in the finals, went from 7th to 1st, 2 spots more than Webster...

Also how Ford came 7th in points but wasnt a prop of the year?
That kind of intrigued me as well.
I don’t really care much for it, but made a bit of an assumption that whoever had the most points gets the Dally M Positional awards.

Same with Harry Grant.

Only thing I can think of is that while they only publicised the votes for Cleary/Trindall/those in the running for the award - those other players may have picked up points. But it doesn’t make good TV going through allllllll the games.

I also am not sure if what I saw on TV at the end, the points totals, match the ones I’m reading today ie. if Ford’s points match what was on TV (my theory remains) or if they have been adjusted (ignore everything)…
 
Back
Top