Joseph Leilua released by the Knights

Apparently Barry Toohey has been told the Knights are trying to sort out another trade with the Raiders.
I really hope it's one of their young halves we are after, but even McCrone would be alright. He is experienced and a change of clubs could be good for him and see him lead our side on the field.
 
Cornish or McCrone are the only realistic options that may be worth getting though I'm not sold on either of them. But I guess it's better to get something in return for Leilua rather than nothing at all
 
Luke Page would be a handy pick up.

And a massive no to McCrone. Dude is ****ing trash, one of the worst halves in the game.
 
Bet it's Joel Edwards were trying to get back haha. Fits into the home grown player category they love to push too... Hope I'm wrong.
 
I'd take Pangai in a heartbeat
He is still a lazy big sod, but in the few minutes he had a go against his former team mates in the Knights NYC squad he showed he is miles better than anyone his age.
He was one of the better players for the Mounties earlier in the year too.
But i think he will always have a low workrate.

- - - Updated - - -

Luke Page would be a handy pick up.
Vaivai destroyed the myth of Page when they went head to head.
 
Page is overrated. He had one game where he ran hard but other than that he's usually not even up to NSW Cup standards. Goes missing too often.
 
Hahaha, it's so gonna be McCrone, I just know it!

And ... McCrone isn't a patch on Roberts. And that's no compliment to Roberts.
 
Forgot Stocky.

I have to admit I don't rate Korbin at all even at lock. NSW cup player for mine who's handy for depth.

He sure as hell doesn't have the work rate to be a prop.

Korbin is currently training with the maroons as part of their squad. He's still only young

As far as halves go, the Raiders will have 5 of them next year

Williams
McCrone
Cezar
Austin
Cornish

It's almost a certainty that we'll be signing one of these guys. If it's McCrone that'll proper fkn do me. In fact, if this club thinks that any of those sporting peasants are the answer to any of our problems then we are in for a long 2016
 
The Mounties at full strength are close to unbeatable in NSW cup.
They only lose games when they have to use young players from NYC due to injuries.
That says there are several firstgrade standard players going around in reserve grade at Canberra.
 
I'd be so surprised if we got a half. They all seem happy with Mullen, Roberts & Tuimavave. Imagine it, we trade Leilua for McCrone, the guy is basically a poorer version of Gidley, tries hard but everything he tries is terrible, atleast with Gidley a decent amount of things come off. If it's a forward then Shillington is probably our best option & we're saying no to him.
 
I'd be so surprised if we got a half. They all seem happy with Mullen, Roberts & Tuimavave. Imagine it, we trade Leilua for McCrone, the guy is basically a poorer version of Gidley, tries hard but everything he tries is terrible, atleast with Gidley a decent amount of things come off. If it's a forward then Shillington is probably our best option & we're saying no to him.

Don't even try to rationalise that it won't be McCrone, Josh! :lol:

Logic has no role at the Knights. They'll take the crappest possible option for all money.
 
Hindsight is a killer but if Gidley stayed at half for all these years with Mullen we wouldn't be in this ****. Gidley would straighten attack and organise while mullen kicks and has passing game, 10 years after Johns would've been bearable. Poor Gidley has been shuffled around in all forms of the game. For me, I hate Roberts as a 7 and its not his position he is a 6 and I think he would kill it like Milford is now at Broncs, the have Hunt organising and kicking. Mullen is not a 7 either and he admitted on Sterlo that he is not an organiser. Having said this we need a 7 that can organise, Hodgkinson would be good or Mbye at the moment. You need an organiser to win a comp, Thurston, Cronk, Hunt, Hodgkinson, Benji at moment for Dragons do this. It is no use getting a reject from canberra to fix the issue unless they can organise and kick well. Forwards are useless to get if your half can't do anything after they bust there ***. Thats why we are terrible, forwards can't be bothered cause they know our halves won't get us over line. I wouldn't bust my *** for our lame halves.
 
Hindsight is a killer but if Gidley stayed at half for all these years with Mullen we wouldn't be in this ****. Gidley would straighten attack and organise while mullen kicks and has passing game, 10 years after Johns would've been bearable. Poor Gidley has been shuffled around in all forms of the game. For me, I hate Roberts as a 7 and its not his position he is a 6 and I think he would kill it like Milford is now at Broncs, the have Hunt organising and kicking. Mullen is not a 7 either and he admitted on Sterlo that he is not an organiser. Having said this we need a 7 that can organise, Hodgkinson would be good or Mbye at the moment. You need an organiser to win a comp, Thurston, Cronk, Hunt, Hodgkinson, Benji at moment for Dragons do this. It is no use getting a reject from canberra to fix the issue unless they can organise and kick well. Forwards are useless to get if your half can't do anything after they bust there ***. Thats why we are terrible, forwards can't be bothered cause they know our halves won't get us over line. I wouldn't bust my *** for our lame halves.

This
 
Back
Top