The news was far less positive on Knights skipper Kurt Gidley, who returned to Newcastle on Sunday morning still seeking a diagnosis on his injured leg.
Gidley limped off after a heavy tackle by Knights teammate Cory Patterson, but it appears the Tests utility did not injure his knee as initially feared.
The Knights star is due to undergo more scans in Newcastle on Sunday.
I'm not saying Patos' hit had anything to do with Gids' knee popping or tearing or cracking or whatever happened to it...but I think he will face some good natured ribbing from the boys (and maybe not so cheerful questioning from Rick Stone) about the decision to line up his club teammate for a real 'rib-cracker'...smash some other clubs' marquee player not your own...
Does anyone know when Gids is getting the scans done because its killing me not knowing whats wrong and how long we will be without him
so tell me what was at stake?To me, this is just stupid.
Doesn't matter if you think this is a useless trial game, but I'm sure for the players out there (maybe more so for the Indigenous players), it meant a lot to them. And if each player went out there to go soft on another player just because they play for the same club that would just be poor competition.
Neverless, was a good hit.
so tell me what was at stake?
Of course it was a proud game for the Indigenous players and side, but the NRL All Stars side has just been invented to give them someone to play. There's nothing at stake or really any reason for that side to exist.
Can you imagine anyone being a huge supporter of the All Stars and hard out wanting them to win? I don't know why the players would even have been all that bothered ... Lockyer went off quickly with a pretty minor injury.
I reckon it would have made more sense to have the Indigenous side play a Maori or Pacific Island origin side.
so tell me what was at stake?
The whole thing was a political "Feel Gooder".......... Everyone thanked the government for putting it on....... Nothing game that did nothing but cause injuries..... I agree that it would have been better for the indigenous team to play a PNG or Pacific nations side...........
having said that I enjoyed the game..... The indig side really wanted that win and played extremely well........... Good win!
This sucks if he's gone then Stone will put McDonnell at Fullback this will make most Knights fans suicidal
he has done his ACL and is out for the season.
Is that for real?