Good News for Gidley after second opinion

Worst case: anterior cruciate out for the full season. Best case ready for round 1

Did you come up with that? cause seeing as they know nothing about the extent of the damage, im pretty sure they'd know nothing about the time off. Of coarse thats going to be the worst/best case scenerios.

And judging by history of ACL injuries, i dont think Kurt would have been able to get up so quickly and easily then walk of the field, seeing as though Johns, Seage, and many others had to be put on the back of a medicab. And i wouldnt take any notice of how quickly he put his hand up, as its a preseason game, unlimited interchange etc, he isnt exactly going to stick it out there and see if it gets better, which im certain he would have done had it been an NRL/Origin match.

I wont rule ACL out as im no doctor, but judging by the way he walked off and that in the past doctors have been able to diagnose those injuries pretty quickly without scans, i dont think (and certainly hope) its not an ACL = season.

Something like a MCL seems more likely to be worst case, if its anything serious, so 4-6 weeks on the sidelines, but lets hope its nothing.
 
It sucks for Gidley and the team, hopefuly it is nothing serious, but I think this will affect patterson quite a lot. He looked so scared when he made the hit and realised, his mind hasnt been on the game since the hit either. Hopefuly he isn't feeling to much guilt by this because he is looking unbelievably fit and strong, I would hate to see this cramp his season.
 
Did you come up with that? cause seeing as they know nothing about the extent of the damage, im pretty sure they'd know nothing about the time off. Of coarse thats going to be the worst/best case scenerios.

I wont rule ACL out as im no doctor, but judging by the way he walked off and that in the past doctors have been able to diagnose those injuries pretty quickly without scans, i dont think (and certainly hope) its not an ACL = season.

Something like a MCL seems more likely to be worst case, if its anything serious, so 4-6 weeks on the sidelines, but lets hope its nothing.

Well yeah I did just come up with that but I just dont see Kurt playing for another month. Maybe it's just a feeling, I've seen injuries like that look so simple and yet Bethesda worst. As sterling just said kurt abit concerned, and we should be too it didn't look good.
 
If it's an ACL it surely wont be a full tear, if it was there would be no way he could have walked off. Let's pray it's not long term because if it is despite my faith in the rest of the team I can't see us making the 8
 
Well yeah I did just come up with that but I just dont see Kurt playing for another month. Maybe it's just a feeling, I've seen injuries like that look so simple and yet Bethesda worst. As sterling just said kurt abit concerned, and we should be too it didn't look good.

I dont see him playing for another month either, no way the club is going to risk him in a trial, even it turns out to be a day to day injury.
 
I dont see him playing for another month either, no way the club is going to risk him in a trial, even it turns out to be a day to day injury.

Exactly my point, but that injury isn't going to be a day injury, it would be a miracle if he gets back before round one.

I know Jekk I could cry too this sucks!!

I don't want to sound negative but quiet injuries that look like nothing are uually the worst.
 
Irrespective of whether the injury happened prior to collision, what the hell was Pato doing putting a shot like that on his club captain in a pre-season exhibition game? :confused::think:think about it next time Pato!:fist:
 
I doubt he really wanted to hurt him Goanna, or even know it was him... regardless Gidley felt it go before contact.

It's just sh*t but it's also just thoughts, we cant really assume much until the results, I just don't have a good feeling.

As for Paterson, I thought he played very well tonight, put a good shot on in the first half... hopefully this is the start of a stellar year for him.
 
Agree Goanna, WTF was Paterson doing??? Im so ****ed off right now, our season depends on Gidley, he is our captain, our leader and our best player.

I hope he is right for Round One. If he is gone for an extended period of time, well, its going to be a long and ****ty year!
 
Agree Goanna, WTF was Paterson doing??? Im so ****ed off right now, our season depends on Gidley, he is our captain, our leader and our best player.

I hope he is right for Round One. If he is gone for an extended period of time, well, its going to be a long and ****ty year!

Is there really a need to play the blame game? Cmon. It's a physical game, injuries happen... Pato was so apologetic you could tell.
 
Back
Top