Good News for Gidley after second opinion

Exactly my point, but that injury isn't going to be a day injury, it would be a miracle if he gets back before round one.

I know Jekk I could cry too this sucks!!

I don't want to sound negative but quiet injuries that look like nothing are uually the worst.

Cmon, no need to overeact before we even get any results back. Could be taken as a good thing that the docs did a few tests and couldnt find anything wrong, normally they get an idea, and the tests just confirm the extent of it.


And yes, STOP the paterson blame game. He can take a lot out of tonights game, and its kinda good to see him not hold back in tonights game, imagine what he'll be like when the season kicks off and he has something more to play for. He had tough year last year, and he looked like a man on a mission out there.
 
Last edited:
Cmon, no need to overeact before we even get any results back. Could be taken as a good thing that the docs did a few tests and couldnt find anything wrong, normally they get an idea, and the tests just confirm the extent of it.

It's hard not to overeact, he is our captain and best player in the side. This time tomorrow night we could be talking about playing the season without him? It's hard not to talk the worst really.

I mean didn't your stomach turn when you saw him go down, mine did.

I hope you are right, hopefully it's nothing, and positives are that he hobbled off and didn't need to be taken off... looking over the years guys are in so much pain they cant walk.

Ahh well that's footy.
 
I was certainly scared and fearing the worst when Gidley stayed down and had to go off, but hopefully its not an ACL. No further comment from me until scan results.
 
It's hard not to overeact, he is our captain and best player in the side. This time tomorrow night we could be talking about playing the season without him? It's hard not to talk the worst really.

I mean didn't your stomach turn when you saw him go down, mine did.

I hope you are right, hopefully it's nothing, and positives are that he hobbled off and didn't need to be taken off... looking over the years guys are in so much pain they cant walk.

Ahh well that's footy.

tbh, my gut didnt wrench when he went down. Although itd be a huge loss, and dissappointing, especially in an exhibition game like tonight. But over the years ive learnt to deal with injuries to key players (we cant seem to go a year without a handful of them happening), and im still confident we could make a fist out of it this year with or without him. Either that, or the news wont really hit home until confirmation, but the way the side has played the last two years, injuries to key players dont phase me as much as they use too in the Johns/Buderus era.
 
Good to see not to much blame being placed on the fact that it was a pre-season game. Nobody has come out to say that playing a game like this before the season is a bad idea.

Good to see because an injury like this could easily have happened in any pre-season game or even 5 minutes into Round 1 and it wouldn't have made any difference. It could so easily have happened to a key player from every other club and we just got unlucky. Hoping for the best but can't see him being available come round 1.

Will be waiting in hope for the news tomorrow
 
Well I could just cry.

thats what i did. i was out at a gig and was turning to the game every now and then and just happened to turn and saw the back of gids and someone either side of him helping him up the tunnel (well thats what it looked like from where i was sitting). my mum and mate had to try and calm me down...without seeing the tackle or anything i knew it was his knee and i jokingly said 'will laugh if pato was involved in the tackle'. not blamming anyone for the injury coz like its been said could have happened anytime to anyone.

will have everything crossed that its nothing too serious.
 
Poor Gids! I heard last night as well that it wasn't Patto's tackle but Kurt had miss stepped when he new something was wrong and then was tackled hard by Corey. What are the chances though of being tackled by his own Newcastle teammate when he got injured. We can only hope it is a minor injury and our Newcastle hero will be back ready for kick off!
 
I'm not saying Patos' hit had anything to do with Gids' knee popping or tearing or cracking or whatever happened to it...but I think he will face some good natured ribbing from the boys (and maybe not so cheerful questioning from Rick Stone) about the decision to line up his club teammate for a real 'rib-cracker'...smash some other clubs' marquee player not your own...
 
And judging by history of ACL injuries, i dont think Kurt would have been able to get up so quickly and easily then walk of the field, seeing as though Johns, Seage, and many others had to be put on the back of a medicab.

It affects different people differently though - Lockyer walked off when he did his ... Jason Croker did his and finished the game!!!

Good to see not to much blame being placed on the fact that it was a pre-season game. Nobody has come out to say that playing a game like this before the season is a bad idea.

Well I'm going to, I don't see the point of this game at all, I reckon it's a big waste of time!
 
I know it's not quite state of origin, but Patto was playing for the indigenous team, he probably didn't realise it was Gids (only saw a white jersey coming his way). I would be more worried if he wasn't playing with some passion. I'm just saying there's no point at getting angry at Patto...
 
Last edited:
This happens!!! i thought the game was great for the sport itself but i do think the timing is wrong!!!
Gids injury is a huge concern but patto can not be blamed for this injury watch the replay gids was gone before patto went near him, watch knights training i see the guys hit as hard as patto hit gids last night so no one can blame anyone for this..
In the end it was a top night for the NRL fingers crossed gids is just something thats seems more serious than it acually is
 
The injury could so easily have happened in training or in a regular trial game or even 5 minutes into the first regular season game. It's really unfortunate that it has happened to a key player for us but that game being played last night was fantastic for the game as a whole
 
I just don't understand the love for this fixture. Of course Paterson isn't to blame, Gidley got injured before the good hit anyway. But the game is just pointless, proves nothing and is a complete waste of time. If Gidley's goneburgers for the season coz of it, I'll go bananas.

Gidley might not be the best player in the NRL, but he is the heart of our team, I hate to think how we'll go if he isn't there for a prolonged period.
 
Not looking forward to hearing the scan results i have a really bad feeling that he may be gone for the season

really hope im wrong
 
I am so annoyed! Hopefully the injuries not too bad and he'll be back by round one, it would be extremely tough to go the whole season without him.
I just dont get why they had this game so close to the start of the season!
 
Last night Joey said that Kurt was saying that he had miss stepped and he had done something wrong before Corey came in for the tackle. I hope Kurt will be ok, I know the whole of Newcastle is thinking of him!
 
Back
Top