Finals

Alternate solution: just get rid of the six again. As long as it’s a discretion thing they’ll never consistently give away the penalties they should. Just make it a penalty everywhere, no different rules for different parts of the field - if teams are exploiting a rule constantly in a way which makes it look like a bad rule, is it because they’re “cheats”, or is it maybe just… a bad rule?
Happy to see the 6 again rule go but if it has to stay then my thoughts are as I said

People will complain either way. It seems like the whole NRL community has forgotten bagging the game out for a decade with all the slow grinding, defence heavy, lack of attacking opportunities type play. You give it a year or two under the old rules, people will start complaining again.

From a neutral perspective I thought 2018-2019 had some of the highest overall standard of play we’ve seen, and two really terrific finals series back to back. I still don’t understand why we needed to change a thing.

For mine, it was a reaction to the stoppages in the game. The more wrestling there was, the more penalties there was, which meant a whistle blown every few sets, game stops, kick for touch. The argument was the game was not flowing anymore with this stop start play, so the set restarts came in to get rid of the stoppages & allow the game to keep moving.

If they just tweak the rules a little bit from now on, I think we'll get used to the new rules.
Clubs will get better at playing the new style as they bring in more players with the right skillset, and refs will get better at using the rules as they were meant to be used.
Actually, I think clubs and refs are already working out the kinks and making it work better.
The worst thing they could do is make more big changes next year, even if just turning back to previous rules.

I'm sorry but play should have been stopped with keppie in gaga land. All this ******** about blue and orange shirts stopping the game it's clear to see that example SHOULD be stopped. This game does my head in. Really starting to make me hate it. They talk about protecting players ahhhhh hellooooooo

Geez manly don't want to win this. Doing everything in their power to hand the win to South's. **** Wayne. Stupid old ****.

Gagai playing well.
Taking a lot of hard runs out of trouble.
Making good Metres.
Something we lacked this year.
Yeah his been good. We have lacked out from tuala and Mann. Hopefully gags helps here but we need to learn to attack from red zone rather then 1 out garbage.

Manly absolutely awful, but Souths very good. I think they’re a bit of a chance next week, it won’t be easy though. Hope they can do it and send Benji out with a fitting premiership finish.

Panthers to beat storm. Panthers to beat South's. Killing them around Reynolds and killing that poor right edge defence from rabbits and making Wayne's World a gurgling bathtub. Bugger Benji, his already won one. Reynolds to go to Broncos a loser just like he will be there. Haha. I hate Wayne Bennett. Did I mention Wayne Bennett is a flog? Have now. 🤣🤣

I struggle to see Penrith winning tomorrow.

Bennett is a lot more successful than we have ever been, can’t blame him for departing this basket case of a club. Amazing he managed to get us to a GF qualifier, really.

I've hated him since day dot. The way he handled his time at Newcastle was like a bloke landing in a strip club with all the cash in the world. The club was just a stepping stone in his money making business. The coaching is something he is a natural at.

Souths boys very locked in and determined, showing a new side to them. A lot of guys leaving who they want to send out as winners. If Latrell was fit I’d maybe even have them as slight favourites next week.

I've hated him since day dot. The way he handled his time at Newcastle was like a bloke landing in a strip club with all the cash in the world. The club was just a stepping stone in his money making business. The coaching is something he is a natural at.
Yeah it’s true his time here wasn’t his finest hour. But I’ve forgiven him for that, he seems quite funny these days … maybe the Knights experience brought him down to earth a bit!

Plus he coached the Kiwis to a World Cup win, so he has my eternal appreciation for that lol.

Back