EAS construction photos

Dave

Brian Quinton
james had asked us to take some pics of the new grandstand construction and i though some of the other out of towners may be interested to see as well.

i added them to our photo page www.picturetrail.com/davejekk

i will take more pics of the grandstand construction as the year passes.
next home game i will take a smaller lens so i can get a wide shot to see more.
 
You can really see the progression, but it doesn't seem to be happening too fast! It must have been held up at some stage, but mind you, you notice progress more when it's cosmetic things like seats being added, that don't really take that long.

Thanks for the pics!! :)
 
I hope they get the finances to do the rest of the ground and the exterior of the ground too...how ugly is that northern carpark at the moment?...big piles of dirt just lying around in it and the whole bitumen surface needs resealing...
 
Yeah I will try and take some exterior shots next time too. The new stand from outside looks more impressive, can really see the progress.
I have also uploaded the photos from the souths game incase any of you want to relive the misery lol.
I still can't believe the jerseys are different from the ones on sale.
 
Last edited:
I have a couple of pics from the road side of the stadium........... Starting to look good.
 

Attachments

  • gstand1.jpg
    gstand1.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 212
  • gstand2.jpg
    gstand2.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 204
Wow from that angle you actually realise how much work they've actually done. All Great photos!

When is it expected to be finished?
 
Originally.... but who knows of it's on track :think:

Well it got delayed when the stupid Hunter Venues started to try and cut costs, didn't it?

I really hope we're not in a situation like 2005 when we have to wait until round 6 to play a home game. Melbourne might be able to cope with that sort of schedule, but we sure can't!
 
I was driving past today & thought that i might take a couple of photos to compare with the ones I took a couple of weeks ago.............

There was some trucks there with a heap of scaffolding so i can only think that they are getting ready to go up some more...........

These fellows are really getting on with it now...................
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 203
Back
Top