Bennett to the Knights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to Bennett and his decision as to where he is coaching next year, no form of media will know of his decision and until that press conference is held I wont believe anything that comes from the media.

When it comes to Bennett and his decision as to where he is coaching next year, no form of media will know of his decision and until that press conference is held I wont believe anything that comes from the media.

Here here, don't believe the bullsh*t the media comes up with until Bennett actually holds the press conference.

No it's all just media speculation. Nobody but himself knows what's happening.

Thanks for clearing that up Josh, some people's posts got me confused. :confused:

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Exactly! This is getting nerve racking! :doubt:

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Here here, don't believe the bullsh*t the media comes up with until Bennett actually holds the press conference.

:lol:

True that. The media that Rugby League gets these days you cannot trust unless you actually find out that there's proof or links.

It's not about believing the Media . The Media try's it hardest to get the correct information to the interested parties. As far as Bennett is concerned I can tell you for a FACT that no media outlet knows what he is doing . I have personally been trying to get information on Bennett and he is totally tight lipped and he won't be talking until he is ready .

I don't reakon he'll come anymore tbh. Just think he'll go after the fairytale ending with Brisbane and rejoin his family.

I think the fact he said he wasn't motivated by money means that he probably has no real reason to come here. Unless, Tinkler somehow managed to make a deal where he will move Wayne Bennetts family to newy...that would be a ploy and a half.

I think the fact he said he wasn't motivated by money means that he probably has no real reason to come here. Unless, Tinkler somehow managed to make a deal where he will move Wayne Bennetts family to newy...that would be a ploy and a half.

But he also said that if he has to stay away for another 3 years he will.

Bennett is one smart man and he basically hasnt given anything away.

From the Telegraph

Wayne Bennett

THE Dragons coach will be in Newcastle tomorrow, possibly fearing an ambush and hoping his side can get away with the two competition points against the Knights.

Tinkler remains hopeful the Newcastle public will see a lot more of him in the future.

"The commercial deal between Nathan and Wayne has already been agreed to. It's just a matter now of whether he wants to travel for another two or three more years," Edwards said.

"As far as we are aware, Wayne is still thinking about where he wants to coach and has made no decision.

"We are really relaxed about it. If Wayne comes, that's fantastic. If he decides not to, we have a great young coach in Rick Stone to take us forward."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...-show-at-knights/story-e6frfgbo-1226032276454

Very exciting few months ahead by the looks of things. Our coach & roster next year would look sooo good with Bennett, Idris & Snowden.

This is interesting (or disappointing depending on your point of view), according to Henjak, Bennett wanted back to Brisbane in January.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...brisbane-broncos/story-fn2mcuj6-1226032386287

I have no doubt this is 100% right, but what we need to realise is Tinkler was no where in the picture at that stage, and if Bennett had his mind made up, he would of announced it when he quit Saints. He says it is not about the money, but I can assure you when he has 2 million a season waved in his face he will definately be thinking maybe another 2 years is worth it.

I have no doubt this is 100% right, but what we need to realise is Tinkler was no where in the picture at that stage, and if Bennett had his mind made up, he would of announced it when he quit Saints. He says it is not about the money, but I can assure you when he has 2 million a season waved in his face he will definately be thinking maybe another 2 years is worth it.

Exactly the point. Money talks & at the moment no one else is as loud as us

I think what will attract Bennett particularly if he only intends on staying a short while is if the club he is going to has the potential to win a premiership

How ****ed would you be if you were Henry and Bennett came to the Knights.

He's just left the Dragons because he couldn't get into the first grade side behind Soward and Hornby, and Bennett comes to Newcastle with Boyd and slots him straight into 5/8 pretty much dropping henry again.

He's just left the Dragons because he couldn't get into the first grade side behind Soward and Hornby, and Bennett comes to Newcastle with Boyd and slots him straight into 5/8 pretty much dropping henry again.

If I were henry I wouldnt be fearful. The reason he could crack first grade had nothing to do with Boyd. If Bennet is as good at identifying talent as we think he is, if he did come to newcastle with or without Boyd I can't see a fit henry not starting in the halves

Great point there Packo, you might just be on the money.

Boyd won't come here unless he takes a massive paycut, if he is that obsessed with Wayne that he takes it, well so be it, if he can't handle it though, he can just **** off IMO. We have Henry at 6 & Gidley at 1, we don't need Boyd, sure he's a great player but if he can't take the cut well that's his fault.

Current Broncos coach Anthony Griffen is on 2GB and there talking alot like he will be the coach next year with anthony saying along the lines of 'I'm glad Brisbane have given me a long term shot at The coaching job'. I'm confident in snaring Bennett.

Im pretty sure Bennett rated Henry, but in the end there was a chance to come here and partner Mullen and Henry took that into account.
If Boyd follows Bennett here and takes a paycut perhaps he can play on the wing, just because Boyd playing fullback suited the Dragons doesnt mean itll suit the Knights. Of course its too early to be talking about Boyd anyway heh.

I highly doubt Boyd will go to the wing, he's been named a future 5/8, and yes Bennett rates Henry, but I think Boyd would get the go over him, and he has already said he'll follow Bennett anywhere. Do you even know that he is on big money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back