danknights
Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
I'll take nollsy over tones and I. That other Mortimer bloke can get stuffed though.
Take a 2 minute long pi$$ to discharge the 6 cans smashed in the first half…..?Things you can do at half time instead of watching any Half time show
- Check your same game multis to see which ones are dead in the water and which ones are still running
- Stock up on a few beers/cold beverages or snacks so you dont have to get up and get them
- Come on marathon stadium and share your views on the game (or Gee's terrible refereeing if he's in charge)
- Talk smack to your mates who are Panthers or Roosters fans if they are losing at HT
- Put the kids/nephews/nieces/grand kids to bed and make sure they're ready for bed for those who have them
- Feed the cat/dog walk the dog if the weather permits
- Rub one out over Dom Young highlights (GF if permitted or Prelims)
Hope this helps
This is only news because the nrl somehow forgot to organise someone months ago. I really don't know how that happens. But at the same time if someone is announced to play the afl grand final that I really like, am I going to sit down at a set time on Saturday to watch them, or am I going to go, oh wow, love those guys, I'll watch some of their live stuff on YouTube whenever I feel like it?Came here and had a comment I didn’t post typed up, so might as well post it. I had decided I didn’t care that much about it all, more just spitballing while I was bored at work haha.
I feel like Fox Footy (I know it’s not the NRL…). But they seem to get really decent promo bands to feature. Eg to do their season launch trailer or finals trailers over the years.
Usually a Aussie band or artist that has a bit of momentum at the time.
Anyway, then I got curious about the AFL… forgive me. Their approach seems to be “get a big name”.
- Kylie Minogue
- Snoop Dogg
- Katy Perry
- KISS
- Robbie Williams
- Tones and I - 2019 when she released Dance Monkey
- Jimmy Barnes
- Black Eyed Peas
- The Killers
- Vance Joy
- The Living End
- Meatloaf
- Birds of Tokyo
- Hunters and Collectors
- Ed Sheeran
While some of these are not my jam, personally, I can see great value in all of these artists as a “headline” act to get eyeballs on the performance and therefore the sport.
I agree, the $1M is a token effort to draw attention away from the lack of a “headliner”.
May as well double down and say the game doesn’t need any support - it is its own headliner.
I don’t mean to repeat myself - but I’d love to see a 100m race - or some kind of skills challenge - goalkicking? Catching bombs - either players, mascots.
Winner takes 200k for one of their club’s junior clubs or multiple.
150k for second.
100k 3rd.
40k for all the others.
That's a sensational list from the AFL, to be honest. Puts our Grand Final entertainment to shame, it's always been pitiful. From the huge Optus TV that almost killed half the performers on the ground, to Billy Idol's power failure.Came here and had a comment I didn’t post typed up, so might as well post it. I had decided I didn’t care that much about it all, more just spitballing while I was bored at work haha.
I feel like Fox Footy (I know it’s not the NRL…). But they seem to get really decent promo bands to feature. Eg to do their season launch trailer or finals trailers over the years.
Usually a Aussie band or artist that has a bit of momentum at the time.
Anyway, then I got curious about the AFL… forgive me. Their approach seems to be “get a big name”.
- Kylie Minogue
- Snoop Dogg
- Katy Perry
- KISS
- Robbie Williams
- Tones and I - 2019 when she released Dance Monkey
- Jimmy Barnes
- Black Eyed Peas
- The Killers
- Vance Joy
- The Living End
- Meatloaf
- Birds of Tokyo
- Hunters and Collectors
- Ed Sheeran
While some of these are not my jam, personally, I can see great value in all of these artists as a “headline” act to get eyeballs on the performance and therefore the sport.
I agree, the $1M is a token effort to draw attention away from the lack of a “headliner”.
May as well double down and say the game doesn’t need any support - it is its own headliner.
I don’t mean to repeat myself - but I’d love to see a 100m race - or some kind of skills challenge - goalkicking? Catching bombs - either players, mascots.
Winner takes 200k for one of their club’s junior clubs or multiple.
150k for second.
100k 3rd.
40k for all the others.