2022 Knights Recruitment & Retention Thread

I think Barnett is a moron.

But I have accepted his work ethic as top grade material at our club. I feel he deserves to go for an extended period for his actions today, and I don’t want anyone jeopardising the season as he did today.

I don’t, however, see any reason to accept Peachy’s claims without proof. It wouldn’t hold up in court. Innocent until proven guilty has to prevail.

Evidence will win on today’s incident, as it should be.
Oh please, nobody’s talking about taking it to court. I can have my viewpoint on what happened based on my knowledge of other similar incidents, and the reaction of people shown in the footage. You’ve also made your viewpoint obvious.
 
Oh please, nobody’s talking about taking it to court. I can have my viewpoint on what happened based on my knowledge of other similar incidents, and the reaction of people shown in the footage. You’ve also made your viewpoint obvious.
I make my viewpoint obvious because I believe in it. Much like you, and yours.

If you wish to expand on your knowledge of similar incidents, and or claims of third party witnesses to the particular incident, I would welcome that evidence, and possibly alter my opinion. Until then, I see no reason to diminish the burden of proof required under our legal system.
 
I make my viewpoint obvious because I believe in it. Much like you, and yours.

If you wish to expand on your knowledge of similar incidents, and or claims of third party witnesses to the particular incident, I would welcome that evidence, and possibly alter my opinion. Until then, I see no reason to diminish the burden of proof required under our legal system.
I’ll leave you to your jury duty!
 
Could have called him a fat c…. Which he is. The Barnett hate is overhype. Horrendous look these days. But a brain snap. He’s done plenty of good things for the club. Do his time, move on. You hav women bashers, drug traffickers, GBH convictions, have all played the game. He gave a bloke a cheeky shot to the face when he wasn’t looking, something that was part and parcel of footy.
He is a fat bastard.


Anyway the boys did play really well today. Amazing they got to 20 to 28....
 
I’ll leave you to your jury duty!

James you should be ashamed of yourself. Barnett is going to prison now because you posted that you think he probably did the thing he was very credibly accused of. That’s why we need to be so careful about following the criminal burden of proof on web forums. Your words can send people to the slammer. I hope you’re happy.
 
"We" don't know this. None of us were on the field, sounnd effect mikes didn't pick anything up no other player's heard anything
One person's word against another, how can we possibly make judgement
We all get judged on our day to day actions. People that don't even know us or others personally will judge. Humans are funny like that.
 
Could have called him a fat c…. Which he is. The Barnett hate is overhype. Horrendous look these days. But a brain snap. He’s done plenty of good things for the club. Do his time, move on. You hav women bashers, drug traffickers, GBH convictions, have all played the game. He gave a bloke a cheeky shot to the face when he wasn’t looking, something that was part and parcel of footy.
If Barnett does that at a nightclub it could end in a criminal conviction. Stuff like that has no place in the game as it stands today. Hope he serves his time and becomes a better player on the field as off the field he seems a well rounded guy.
 
If Barnett does that at a nightclub it could end in a criminal conviction. Stuff like that has no place in the game as it stands today. Hope he serves his time and becomes a better player on the field as off the field he seems a well rounded guy.

He can still make a complaint and would easily get up. Been previous cases where players have charged for on field assaults. It’s a cut and dry assault.
 
He can still make a complaint and would easily get up. Been previous cases where players have charged for on field assaults. It’s a cut and dry assault.
Yeah, completely agree, didn't happen within the construct of the game, would probably end in a conviction.
 
Back to actual recruitment matters, would not mind making an approach to get Jackson Ford out of Saints. He is a quality player and was ear marked to replace Frizzell but has never been given a shot by Griffin.
Looks like he’s unsigned for next year as well.
 
Haven’t seen much of him, but not being rated highly by Griffin/Mary or the Dragons recruitment/retention people means nothing, as we now well know. So I’d definitely be open to it.

Have a sneaking suspicion we might be ending up with Euan Aitken though. Not sure how I feel about that. He’s okay on the edge I guess? Not a big fan of his though.

Tariq Sims the other player who appears to be on the outer at their current club but you’d have to think the bridge is burned with us…
 
Jeremiah Nanai's price tag is rising rapidly after every game. I think he'd be a great get, only 19 and the cowgirls can't keep them all especially after Luki resigned
 
1. Mitchell Barnett
2. Bradman Best
3. Jayden Brailey
4. Jake Cliiford
5. Adam Clune
6. Phoenix Crosslands

7. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
8. Tyson Frizell

9. Dane Gagai
10. Bailey Hodgson
11. Hymel Hunt

12. Jack Johns
13. Brodie Jones
14. David Klemmer

15. Edrick Lee
16. Kurt Mann
17. Jirah Momoisea
18. Brayden Musgrove
19. Kalyn Ponga

20. Chris Randall
21. Daniel Saifiti
22. Jacob Saifiti

23. Simi Sasagi
24. Pasami Saulo
25. Suauso Sue
26. Leo Thompson

27. Enari Tuala
28. Dominic Young

29.
30.

Forwards: 12
Backs: 9
Ball Players (6,7,9,13): 7

Still 2 spots in our top 30 squad... assuming one goes to Anthony Milford, where do we think our final target area should be? For me another edge back rower might be a key area to look into but in saying that at full strength we have up to 6 back rows and 3 spots to fill. Love having this conversation.

*note this does not include extended squad or development players. (i.e. Mat Croker, Tex Hoy)
 
Back
Top