2022-2023 Summer of Cricket

Smith has turned into an awesome weapon in T20 cricket. He is consistently tearing sides apar.

I’m absolutely stunned by Travis Head’s omission from the first test. When I saw he was not in the team, I thought he must be injured. He was dropped because of his previous record in Pakistan, Sri Lanka and the UAE. He is currently the 4th best test batsman in the world, plus he bowls wicket taking off spin. He must feel gutted.

I like the selection of Todd Murphy, he is a much better option than Agar.

Creating a dry patch at one end outside the left handers off stump when the Indians don’t have any in their top 7, is tantamount to cheating. India really need to have a hard look at themselves about this, it is a game after all. They should want to win the game fairly. I hope they are censured by the match referee after the game.

Australia are in trouble already.

It was really good to see Murphy take his first wicket. He is very accurate and the one that took the wicket spun. There is something about him that impresses me.

Selection blunders, Green injured and always in doubt to start in India, a similar, all rounder, should have been picked to cover and why Renshaw instead of Head, very hard to understand

If you’re dropping Head based on his previous record in the subcontinent, the same horses for courses logic must surely apply to Warner.

30 tests in England, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka for 0 centuries and an average of about 25…

The thing about Head is that he is a dramatically better player than he was 2 years ago. We need to be patient with our younger batsman in foreign conditions. Khawaja used to struggle overseas.

Todd Murphy continues to impress, I think we have found as successor to Lyon.

Murphy batted in front if Lyon so he must be able to bat a bit. He has only had 4 first class innings plus 1 test innings in his career so far.

Australia is on track for a big loss, they will have to bat well to avoid being beaten by an inning.

It looks as though we have a top class off spinner in Todd Murphy, he emergence is the only good thing, so far in this test match for Australia.

Really embarrassing scenes at the cricket, Australia’s batting is shredded. This is hard to watch.

For all the conspiracy theories about the pitch, this has been a pretty benign surface. Not much turn at all … Australian batsmen’s techniques not good though.

Not easy going from Big Bash to a test series in India with no warm up games admittedly though. One reason it’s so hard to win away from home these days, T20 has condensed the calendar so much.

Australia could only bat for just over a session, the innings only lasted 32.3 overs. Smith top scored with 25 not out, but even he was bowled by a no ball.

Head, Starc and Green, if they are fit should be selected for the next test.

Last edited:
Common sense should prevail, yes Head and Green (if fit) for Hanscombe and Renshaw but not sure about Starc, apparently still in Aust, injured so Boland might have to do.
Heads bowling will help also. If green not fit find an all rounder.

Starc has arrived in India.

I saw a report in the SMH which said the selectors were considering dropping Warner and playing Head as an opener. I don’t know if Head has ever opened. If they are going to drop Warner, they should replace him with an opener.

Matt Kuhnemann will replace Swepson who is returning home for the birth of his first child. They sh have selected Kuhnemann instead of Agar to begin wit.

It really seems to me that the selectors are panicking.

Wow! Australia is just playing one fast bowler in Pat Cummins and 3 spinners in Lyon, Murphy and Kuhnemann. Starc and Green are not fit enough to play.

Back