2022-2023 Summer of Cricket

Wow, a narrow win over Afghanistan. Afghanistan played well but it was a uninspiring performance by Australia.

Sri Lanka is on fire at present, hope they can keep going.

It would be nice to see the Poms get beat and eliminated from the competition.

Happy to concede that Sri Lanka and therefore Australia are done.

Some strange decisions by the Australian brains trust in this tournament it must be said.

England are in the process of smashing the Sri Lankan bowling. I can’t see Sri Lanka winning this game.

It was a disappointing performance by Australia in the T20 World Cup.

Apart from Stonis and Maxwell batsmen were disappointing. The experiment of opening with Green has not worked.

And apart from Zampa the bowlers were disappointing. I’m surprised the big 3 of Starc, Cummins and Hazlewood did not perform well. But dropping Starc for Richardson when we needed a big win over Afghanistan made no sense.

NZ was on fire in the first game, unfortunately they could not keep playing well.

Yep, NZ started off with our best performance of the tournament, and got worse and worse every game after that. Pakistan far too good tonight, and they beat us in the final of a tri series a few weeks ago, so it was no fluke.

Do we cheer for England tonight? A Pakistan/India final would be immense, I just find them possibly more dislikable then even the Poms!

Back