2019 Player Rumours and Signings

A $68k deal with no chance of making an appearance unless upgraded to $580k and in to the 53 man squad.

Was feeling homesick while in Sydney on over 10 times that... imagine how he is going to feel while being in USA and not even playing a second.

He won’t last the 12 months.
You seem pretty desperate lol

Not really. Just don’t see it working.

But hey you guys have golden boy and yet still only got one win as well. Must s*ck.
I'd be fiending for Holmes with Kahu at the back if I were a Cowboys fan, not gonna lie. Endurance develops strength of character, hopefully he manages to persevere with the move.

It definitely does!

Luckily Kahu isn’t at the back no more haha.

Likely won’t be at the club next season anyway. If there’s no Valentine Holmes then the club will likely splash the cash for a Gutherson or maybe even get in the eat of DWZ if he is still out on the wing at Penrith.

DWZ got picked at fullback this week

Will be interesting to see if they continue to go with that

Reece Robson from Dragons to sign with the Cowboys. Former Aust Schoolboy hooker. Hopefully Green has woken up and seen his son just ain’t doing the job anymore.

So just speculation and I’m surprised it hasn’t been brought up yet but if James Roberts is on the outer and gets released do you think we would look at him? I don’t know if we have enough senior players to bring in a player like him to be honest.

Many things to consider with Roberts, like cost, what has happened to be dropped is it new coach or he misses old. Has had a recent of field incident, drunk and carried out of pub/club.
No doubt at his best, behaviour and playing he would be an asset, it is food for thought. We do seem good for centres at moment, Ramien, Hunt, Moga, Sione?, and have Best coming through.

Surely them prick are over the cap?

Broncos must be paying part of his contract becuase according to this article from NRL.com they only had $300,000 to spend before June 30

From NRL.com

The Inglis situation is unusual in that he has walked away without being paid the final 18 months of his playing contract, which is believed to be worth about $1 million per season, and will take up off-field employment with Souths.

Had he received full payment for his contract or negotiated a settlement from the Rabbitohs that amount would have been included in the salary cap.

Instead, the NRL has ruled that the money Inglis earned before his retirement on April 14 – estimated to be about $500,000 – would be included in this season's salary cap along with all off-field earnings for new coaching, ambassador and community roles with the club for 2019.

This would leave about $300,000 for the Rabbitohs to spend before June 30 and the NRL will make a final determination on next year's salary cap later in the year but Souths could have up to $900,000 available for 2020

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/16/inglis-salary-cap-ruling-gives-rabbitohs-$1-million-war-chest/

Scott Drinkwater to the Cowboys tomorrow....

Called by a certain poster on the Cowboys forum that I refer to about Kalyn. He knows his inside info.

Back