2013 Pre-season

Bennett looks and sounds far more comfortable than at the same time last year. Like most I can't wait for the season to start. I was thinking for the first game of the season big Herb Dean could go out into the middle prior to kick off. He asks both teams "you ready" then points to the center and yells "let's get it on". To add to the theater the referees will be dressed in black and wear latex gloves.
 
I have thought all this time that young Tyrone played very well for us being thrown into the deep end as he was and apparently Bennett things so to ....
It sounds like not many spots are sure things to me ; Uate , Gagai , Boyd , Mullen , Gids, Buderus maybe all the other spots are up for grabs .....
 
It was a surprize when Rip gave him another chance because I can remember Rip pulling him off the field in a game in 2010 when his stupid hot headed actions were costing us a game. In those days he just couldn't keep his fists down or his mouth shut.
He probably showed enough growth in his maturity by starring for Wests all 2011 to earn another shot, because he was always a good player, attitude aside.
I don't think he was big and strong enough to defend at a firstgrade level last year, but after a quality off season and at age 23, he could be ready.
Last year he outplayed all his halves partners in NSW cup. He was better than Stig, Roberts and Kelly, who have all done OK in firstgrade - and was better than other guys like Briggs as well.
I think if AJ gets a game he will surprize the hell out of many. He is an attacking weapon for sure.
 
I wish they would put a vit more training video's up to get me pumped up. Although that would probably make me wanna go buy beers and watch replays of last years wins LOL. only a few games to watch so maybe with 2 weeks to go lol.
 
Pre-season Insider Final
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news-display/Preseason-Insider-Final/67871

The players who won the pre-season points comp are announced.

- - - Updated - - -

Toka out on the field instead of rehab.

toka.jpg
 
Last edited:
Clydsdale equal second individual point scorer is a massive result.

If he isn't ready now, I say he will be by the end of the season.

I hope NYC has a second good hooker, because they will need one.
 
Looking at doin a bucks day with a bunch of blokes to a game this year, can anyone tell me which end is alcohol and how much it roughly cost a ticket onto hill.
 
Looking at doin a bucks day with a bunch of blokes to a game this year, can anyone tell me which end is alcohol and how much it roughly cost a ticket onto hill.

The southern hill will be the best place for you, I think the tickets are around $30/40
 
Tickets on hill less than that! Adult membership was only $11 a game. You'd be only looking at around $20 online ($25 on game day)
 
Back
Top