2011 Premiership: Round 25 Discussion

Then it should count when he is fit?

Haha, doesn't work like that!

I remember Monty Betham hit Civoniceva high with a swinging arm once ... he got suspended ... but was out for longer than the suspension because he broke his arm on Petero's noggin! :lol:
 
The refs from that game should be sacked or something. How Brett Stewart didn't get sent off is beyond me!
 
I dont see how coming into breaking a fight onto the sideline or not should be a problem. Without players running in and stopping the fights, no way the refs are able to sort it out.
 
Would be great if no one was suspended and they just went on with it. It is afterall a man's game, sh*t happens. That is unlikely to happen though as the higher-ups would be to scared to take their tampoons out.

If Manly lose their points, the games a joke.

If any should get Suspended, Blair and thats it.

Was a great fight though.
 
Last edited:
We only just walked into maccas and the first fight was on, was good timing, went to sit down as stewart and blair were sent off and it errupted again, haha was so glad I actually went into maccas instead of going through the drive thru.
 
Any particular reason? Seems to me like he was one of the less serious offenders.

Manly definitely shouldn't lose their points, but since it is Manly I hope they do. :P

If anything Blair was the most serious offender. In the original fight he was third man in and threw that big uppercut into the fight pack at the unsuspecting Manly guy. Then after he and Stewert were sinbinned Blair made sure he caught upto the stewert and started pushing up against him and antagonising him, and Blair threw the first push which started the second fight. So frankly if Blair hadn't of been a giant **** then the second fight would never have occurred.

Both teams had more then 13 men on the field and it's not like it affected play of the ball.
 
Yep, saw that. Don't think anyone would get suspended for anything that happened in the first fight.

Glenn Stewart is equally as guilty for walking off slowly and waiting for Blair to catch up, but again Stewart was the one who started the second fight. Touching shoulders doesn't usually start fights in the league field.

If Glenn Stewart was the kiwi in the situation Novocastrian90, I bet you'd want him suspended. Pretty obvious what your game is.
 
Yep, saw that. Don't think anyone would get suspended for anything that happened in the first fight.

Glenn Stewart is equally as guilty for walking off slowly and waiting for Blair to catch up, but again Stewart was the one who started the second fight. Touching shoulders doesn't usually start fights in the league field.

If Glenn Stewart was the kiwi in the situation Novocastrian90, I bet you'd want him suspended. Pretty obvious what your game is.

The most dangerous thing out of either fight was Blair's king hit on Lussick in the first fight, it would have to be looked at.

And after Blair caught up to Stewert and touched shoulders he goes for a big shove at Stewert which starts the fight. A shove usually starts most RL fights.

And regardless of how fast or slow Stewert was walking off they was absolutely no reason for Blair to catch up to him or go anywhere near him at all. Blair is entirely at fault for the second fault.

And if Stewert was a kiwi and Blair was an aussie and the events happened the same I would still be putting the fault and severity at Blairs feet. I'm not the one letting personal feelings come into the equation
 
I just watched the replay and Darcy Lussick and Brett Stewart will also get suspended. What Lussick did was disgraceful.
 
Touching shoulders doesn't usually start fights in the league field

It might not start fights on the field, but when both players had just been sent to the bin and were pretty fired up it was only going to lead to one thing. I can guarentee the refs wont be sin binning players in quick succession anytime soon. They have to wait till one is up the tunnel and in the hands of the match officials.

Its funny comparing last night to Tamata and Dowling. On the vision on youtube, they players were happy enough to let the two big fella's go toe-to-toe. Pearce kept his players out of it.

Also Im not sure what Lussick did was all that bad? he was one of the initial four to run in, and the view is obstructed by the trainer as to what exactly he did to Blair. On the wider angle it seemed he gave 2 quick jabs (but I think anyone would be looking for revenge after they'd been split open by an unwarrented uppercut. He was quickly off him and focused on the incoming Storm players. Foran was the one who tackled Blair and held him while Stewart belted him on the ground.
 
That fight was absolutely nothign. Just a bit of push and shove.

If you want a real fight;

[YOUTUBE]XO6vRMpxYx8[/YOUTUBE]

Surprised nobody died.
 
Hahah, reminds me of

[youtube]QpBwmXVLlH4[/youtube]

Also, all involved last night were lucky a big fresh Jaiman Lowe didnt throw a few when he jumped off the bench. He was towering over everybody.
 
I couldn't care less where the players are from - haven't watched it again, but if Foran came in and was throwing punches on the ground at Blair then he deserves suspension too.

Refs should have waited for Stewart to get all the way off before marching Blair, and Stewart shouldn't have waited round for Blair ... and shouldn't have punched Blair.

N90 I've read enough from you to know who's influenced by what.
 
I couldn't care less where the players are from - haven't watched it again, but if Foran came in and was throwing punches on the ground at Blair then he deserves suspension too.

Refs should have waited for Stewart to get all the way off before marching Blair, and Stewart shouldn't have waited round for Blair ... and shouldn't have punched Blair.

N90 I've read enough from you to know who's influenced by what.

Oh, Foran did no wrong. All he did was wrap up Blair as far as I'm aware. I was just trying to find out what Lussick did that was so bad (according to Madman), as I must have missed it, and wouldnt mind having a closer look at the replay If I knew what I was looking for.

Stewart didnt wait around for Blair. He was walking off fine, and then he saw Blair running towards him, I'd hold my ground in that situation too. Stewart did escalate the situation by throwing the first punch, but I think it was enevitable one of them was going too, it was just a matter of when.
 
Back
Top