Clint Newton a Knight again in 2014?

Why not keep some of the young guys who will still be around in a years time and haven't (to my knowledge) bagged the club publicly.

newton and hilder are to captain the nsw cup side...hence his signing has meant some of the guys currently in there and 10 years more junior have been told no money to keep them...this club is going to be in serious trouble in 2 years with the pensioners that are being signed but then wayne bennett wont be around to have to worry about it will he??

Let's forget about personalities for a second he's just a dud player. If there isn't better options than 1 Clit Newtown then the game's in trouble.

***** off Clint Newton banners? What are you 12?

Nah, just not a fan of guys who walk out on the club and then bag us at every opportunity from then on.

He only stuck around as long as he did so he could play 100 games for us, as well.

If he'd done it with dignity like Richie Fa'aoso did then nobody would have a problem.

The other issue is as others have pointed out, spending money, even second tier, on a player that is on his last legs and Penrith don't even want, when we have your players who want to play for us and have much more potential, that will be shown the door.

Nah, just not a fan of guys who walk out on the club and then bag us at every opportunity from then on.

He only stuck around as long as he did so he could play 100 games for us, as well.

If he'd done it with dignity like Richie Fa'aoso did then nobody would have a problem.

Dignity and **** off Clint Newton banners shouldn't really be used in the same discussion! Lol

Last edited:
Dignity and **** off Clint Newton banners shouldn't really be used in the same discussion! Lol

I was typing the p word, just to clarify haha.

I actually wanted Melbourne to win the gf last year for Fa'aoso, goes to show how you can leave mid-season and not lose any fans over it.

I was typing the p word, just to clarify haha.

I actually wanted Melbourne to win the gf last year for Fa'aoso, goes to show how you can leave mid-season and not lose any fans over it.

Haha I didn't take it as a P word lol

Yeah It was a shame to lose Fa aoso :(

I agree with u James. I wanted Fa'aoso to get a win last year too. Newton is our Sonny Bill Williams... except he sux. Walked out on us at our lowest point.
Also on the topic of banners does anyone remember the "Time to go, Josh Perry" banner before he left. How good/appropriate was that?

His outside of our top 25, meaning that yes potentially he can play NRL but his way down the pecking order.

Heck he may not even train full time with us.

Omg. I didn't understand the Gower signing and I didn't like it but half a year for cheap ok... but THIS????!!!!!???!!! I've got no words :(

There is no reason why we need him...

This is a potential signing that the Knights can not Justify :fist:

we lose 2 young guys who were on peanuts and have potential to sign a guy past his best on the slide...just anyone why???

we lose 2 young guys who were on peanuts and have potential to sign a guy past his best on the slide...just anyone why???

Beats me :confused:

On the slide is right mate here is a breakdown of Clint's performances this year....

16 Games

Average Minutes - 43 mins

142 Runs (8.8 Per Game)

1117 Metres (69.8 Per Game)

1 Line Break

11 Offloads (0.6 Per Game)

291 Tackles (18.1 Per Game)

12 Missed Tackles (0.75 Per Game)

11 Errors (0.68 Per Game)

1 Try

* Has only made 100m in a game once this year, He cracked the 90m mark 3 times,

* Not once this year has he averaged 10m or more per run

* Makes 1 run every second set on average

* Does not do the tough stuff, Does not go looking for work like Smith, Scott, Snowden etc...Just hides and makes up the numbers

Quite Simply we don't want him or need him
:)

How do we let alone clubs show interest in him with stats like that?

Only thing he's good at is off field with kids and charities, like Ben Rogers was.

Newton is our Sonny Bill Williams... except he sux. Walked out on us at our lowest point.

Clint Newton cannot be used in the same sentence as SBW :lol:

Isn't Clint best mates with Gids or something? He'd welcome him back with open arms.

Back