Clint Newton a Knight again in 2014?

That won't please a lot of fans. What is Bennett doing? Signing nearly every 30+ year old that comes available lol.

One of the worst signings ever. What is the point, has barely 2 years left in him, is crap anyway & just pushes out guys like Rodney Mason, Dylan Smith. He'd be on minimum wage & he isn't worth even that for those reasons I just said. It's not like we owe him anything either, better be one of Rick Stone's signings otherwise this would be near to one of the worst players Bennett has signed.

It says on nrl.com that three clubs are chasing him and he still hasn't been signed anywhere?

I think it's a second tier signing, but still, what an absolute joke of a buy if true.

Last edited:
Newton on lookout for new NRL club

Clint Newton is searching for a new NRL club after being told by Penrith he won't be awarded a contract at the end of this season.

The 32-year-old former Newcastle star, who played for Melbourne in the 2007 premiership final, is confident of remaining in the NRL having already completed a three-year stint in the English Super League with Hull KR.

"I won't be staying at Penrith - it will be somewhere else," Newton told AAP.

"England was great, I had a good time there, but being back here with the family I think that has run its course.

"Not being here at Penrith is disappointing but that's life and I will still be giving my all here until the end of the season.

"This is what I love doing and I want to carry on playing."

Newton has already been in discussions with three clubs and believes helping a Penrith side, tipped as wooden spoon certainties at the start of the season, into the finals, would be a great way to leave the club.

"I had the chance to go to a couple of other clubs when I came back home from England," he said.

"But I was really impressed by Phil Gould and Ivan Cleary's had plans for the future,.

"I like to think I have played a part in helping the club move forward and I think the future here is very bright.

"There are some very talented young players here and I will look forward to seeing their progress in years to come.

"But my goal now is to do my best and get Penrith into the finals and go out of the club on a high.

"I've loved every minute of my time here."

http://www.nrl.com/newton-on-lookout-for-new-nrl-club/tabid/10874/newsid/73677/default.aspx

Hopefully he gets a top 25 gig somewhere like Parramatta, might be incentive not to come home.

I think he's probably the only player ever that I won't be able to respect while in Knights colours.

I think he's probably the only player ever that I won't be able to respect while in Knights colours.

I didn't want Tahu back here either but grew to like him again. I can honestly say that won't happen with Newton. I think he's a disgrace. Tried to rub it in our faces after walking out on us in 2007 cos he won a premiership. A joke if we let him back.

Few clubs from NRL interested so anything could happen...

I, like many Knights supporters will not be happy if he does sign with us...

Just have to wait for an official announcement I guess ...

Last edited:
He was so impressed by Cleary & Gould but they've flicked him pretty quick.

He will end up at Knights in NSW Cup... Just see it.

This will be me if Clint Newton does sign with Newcastle in 2014.
[video=youtube;AMTE8qnJ7h8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMTE8qnJ7h8[/video]

Clint's had his chance, doesn't deserve another. Leaving us in the manner he did was akin to a baby spitting the dummy when they don't get their way.

Wayne, do us all a favor and don't resign him.

Someone ask Wayne Bennett this week in Insider why!!

Wayne are you drunk?

Haha I think he will just say everyone has a clean slate with him when they come, (or re-come) in some instances here and that the past is the past blah blah blah.

When he left though he said he would consider finishing here but not right away. Rick Stone to win a premiereship before Bennett with the NSW Cup roster he is building up? heh.

There are so many dramatic people on here!

Yeah he walked out on our club but he wasnt happy and he had his reasons!
So many other people in league either break their contracts or clubs flick players these days!

So many people in life do so much worse and still get 2nd chances!

I'm not saying everyone has to love him either but
Life goes on!

Last edited:
Disgusting if true. Someone will need to make some **** Off Clint Newton banners if it happens.

I'd rather resign Danny Wicks!

Who's gonna ask Wayne about it in Insider?

Back