Your Team v Roosters (Round 21)

knight-no-7

Moderator
That was a dismal performance tonight! Barely held onto the ball & Blew a 14 point lead :doubt:

I sure do hope Gidley, Mullo & Houston are back next week, and id go:

6. Mullen
7. Dureau (If not injured)
 
1. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus
3. Junior Sau (although was very quiet tonight)
4. Adam MacDougall
5. Keith Lulia (Bye Aku)
6. Ben Rogers
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Mark Taufua
9. Isaac De Gois
10. Richie Fa'aoso
11. Steve Simpson
12. Cory Paterson
13. Zeb Taia

14. Matt Hilder
15. George Ndaira
16. Dan Tolar
17. Danny Wicks
 
1. Gidley
2. McManus
3. Sau
4. McDougall
5. Aku
6. Rogers
7. Mullen
8. Taufua
9. DeGois
10. Tolar
11. Simpson
12. Taia
13. Hilder

14. Ndaira
15. Patterson
16. Fa'aso
17. Wicks
 
1. Gidley
2. Jimmy
3. Lulia
4. Doogs
5. Aku
6. Mullo (if fit)
7. Scotty (see mullo)
8. Taufua
9. De Gois
10. Fass
11. Simmo
12. Taia
13. Hilder

14. Ndaira/McDonnell
15. Patto
16. Wicks
17. Tolar/Timmy/Edwards/ whoever is fit

As much as I hate to say it, I think Sau needs to be dropped based on recent weeks. I think Aku should too, however I left him in the side due to no quality replacements and the fact that I thought he was ok tonight. Marv has been good, but those dropped balls tonight just wasn't good enough. And well Rogers? I think he should only get a look in if Mullo or Scotty aren't fit.
 
Sau was terrible tonight, to many loose carries.

I agree with Jonno, Lulia was far worse then aku tonight.
 
Defensively Lulia was better than Uate. Uate was pretty poor in defence tonight.

Tolar > Karawana
Ndaira> Naiqama
Gidley > McDonnell

6. Rogers
7. Mullen

I honestly wouldnt mind seeing McDonnell play in the backline somewhere.
 
1. Gidley
2. Mcmanus
3. Lulia
4. Doogs
5. Vuna/McDonnell (Vuna if hes allowed)
6. Rogers
7. Mullen (please be sweet)
8. Taufua
9. De Gois
10. Fa'aoso
11. Simpson
12. Taia
13. Hilder

14. Ndaira
15. Patto
16. Wicks
17. Tolar
 
1 Gidley
2 McManus [if not fit Vuna]
3 Sau
4 Macdougall
5 Uate
6 Mullen
7 Dureau [if fit]
8 Taufua
9 De Gois
10 Fa'aoso
11 Simpson
12 Taia
13 Hilder

14 Mcdonnell/Ndaira
15 Tolar
16 Patterson
17 Wicks
 
Last edited:
Defensively Lulia was better than Uate. Uate was pretty poor in defence tonight.

Tolar > Karawana
Ndaira> Naiqama
Gidley > McDonnell

6. Rogers
7. Mullen

I honestly wouldnt mind seeing McDonnell play in the backline somewhere.

Uate poor in defence? No way. They didnt even score a try down his end... And its hard to blame the wingers. Im not blaming Lulia, our inside men didnt work at all. Communication was poor, this was shown by how many times there were overlaps.
 
Defensively Lulia was better than Uate. Uate was pretty poor in defence tonight.

Please explain?

Lulia: 0 tackles, 3 missed. Tony Williams 2 tries (Maddog missed 3)
Uate: 2 tackles, 1 missed. David Williams 0 tries (Sau missed 0)

Both werent anything to write home about, but Lulia was worse
 
Please explain?

Lulia: 0 tackles, 3 missed. Tony Williams 2 tries (Maddog missed 3)
Uate: 2 tackles, 1 missed. David Williams 0 tries (Sau missed 0)

Both werent anything to write home about, but Lulia was worse

Gosh, that's aweful. How would McDonnell go at centre? Any U20 centres up to firstgrade standard? How about young Williams?

Lulia and Sau both deserve to be dropped imo. Aku was good tonight I thought...Should get another week.
 
Sau is a good player, but hes the the biggest ball hog and he never uses Uate on his outside.

We would really see aku's potential if he had a better ball player beside him
 
1.Gidley
2.McManus
3.Sau
4.Macdougall
5.Uate
6.Rogers
7.Mullen
8.Taufua
9.De Gois
10.Houston
11.Simpson
12.Taia
13.Hilder

14.Tolar
15.Paterson
16.Fa'aoso
17.Wicks
 
Gosh, that's aweful. How would McDonnell go at centre? Any U20 centres up to firstgrade standard? How about young Williams?

Lulia and Sau both deserve to be dropped imo. Aku was good tonight I thought...Should get another week.

Agree and Disagree. A player shouldn't be dropped on 1 preformance BUT, I think Vuna and McManus should atleast be given ago
 
Gosh, that's aweful. How would McDonnell go at centre? Any U20 centres up to firstgrade standard? How about young Williams?

Lulia and Sau both deserve to be dropped imo. Aku was good tonight I thought...Should get another week.

Williams or Mata'utai will be vying for Maddogs spot next year IMO. Mata'Utai has massive wraps on him, and williams scores plenty of tries.
 
Vuna and McManus I think should be back this upcoming week?

If both are up to scratch I could see them coming into the side. And then I'd have Mullo and Rogers in the halves.
 
RE: Mr Dureau

Something tells me he was axed halfway through the 2nd half tonight. A couple of reasons why:

- Ran into the posts (I know not his fault) which pretty much gifted Manly a try.
- Missed the tackle on George Rose
- Threw that cut out to Aku who then went over the sideline.
- Was sitting on the bench looking rather p*ssed off.
 
Back
Top