Your team v Broncos

I don't see the need for bulk changes, Fitzgibbon should come back and replace Guerra.

Any word on Lee? He looked to have very sore ribs after that try.

My side:
1. Ponga
2. Lee
3. Moga (Tuala not been bad by any stretch of the imagination, just think Moga has more raw power and is more to handle, will have a field day up against Boyd)
4. Best
5. Hunt
6. Mann (if fit, otherwise Crossland)
7. Pearce
8. Dan Saifiti
9. McCullough
10. Klemmer
11. Sione
12. Fitzgibbon
13. Ese'Ese

14. Hoy
15. Jacob Saifiti
16. Glasby
17. Guerra

18. Tuala
19. Crossland
20. Jones
21. Randall

I hope Lee is OK.
That young Broncos winger they are comparing to Folau can really jump. We need a very tall guy on that side.

It's funny how players often go back to how they played in the juniors.
I was just watching the game again and thinking that Mann is now playing the same running 5/8 role that he played in our under 18s when we won the national title for the first time in a decade.

I hope Lee is OK.
That young Broncos winger they are comparing to Folau can really jump. We need a very tall guy on that side.
Xavier Coates is something else, in fairness Manly's wingers aren't particularly tall or good in the air, but he outlept Tevita Funa on at least 6 different occasions.

I don't get the sudden love for Moga. When he came here it was off a very good season for the Broncos and everyone told me he was crap.
Now he's played 10 games in 2.5 years and had a few knee ops and he's flavour of the month all of a sudden? Yes he is a big guy but it's unlikely he has gotten better post injury, lateral movement and defence is still a huge question mark.

Tuala shouldn't and won't be dropped on his efforts so far, he's been fantastic.

I think it's more likely that Shibasaki comes back into the 21 this week and Moga drops out, than Moga actually getting a game.

I don't get the sudden love for Moga. When he came here it was off a very good season for the Broncos and everyone told me he was crap.
Now he's played 10 games in 2.5 years and had a few knee ops and he's flavour of the month all of a sudden? Yes he is a big guy but it's unlikely he has gotten better post injury, lateral movement and defence is still a huge question mark.

Tuala shouldn't and won't be dropped on his efforts so far, he's been fantastic.

I think it's more likely that Shibasaki comes back into the 21 this week and Moga drops out, than Moga actually getting a game.

Im with you. If it’s not broke don’t fix it. It’s not as if we’ve struggled to score. Tuala will tear it up soon. We favour the left side anyway.

Moga played terrible in his first few games for us, after spending all pre season in rehab and running with the team for about 2 weeks after a very long layoff and for a new team.

This time, he has been fit for well over a year apart from missing the end of pre season with a minor injury and has been training and playing with the squad and in reserve grade all last year.

But the biggest thing in his favour is motivation. He becomes a council lolly pop man on 8 dollars an hour if he can't earn a contract for next year.

He is bigger than most of our props, faster than most of our backs, more experienced than all of our backs, and really motivated to earn a new contract.

I don't want us to sign him again for the obvious injury risk he brings, but while he is fit and motivated, we should be using him. He's a potential match winner.

Not sure that the love for Moga is "sudden" he was always a guy with a lot of potential coming through the Roosters system.

Unfortunately a lot of that potential has gone to waste due to some bad luck with injury, but on his best days he has proven to be a strike player out wide. Tuala is safe, no doubting that but so is Hymel Hunt, personally i'd much rather have a strike centre inside a professional finisher than two "safe" options that don't offer too much in attack.

My personal opinion is that with Darius defending at left centre, we'll get more out of it if we have a powerful centre one-on-one with Boyd, such as Moga or even Shibasaki.

That's not to say Tuala has been bad or even that he should be dropped, but I think in this new format with no bye rounds and faster games, it can't hurt to rest some of your guys who are playing 80 every week, and it keeps the guys down the pecking order in better touch should we need to call them up.

Jeez people are going off early about Tuala. He's barely played for us, is still young & developing & gets no real ball on the right edge & now we're pigeonholing him already as a safe, solid etc. type player. If we start getting early ball out that way more often it'd be interesting to see what he can do.

Jeez people are going off early about Tuala. He's barely played for us, is still young & developing & gets no real ball on the right edge & now we're pigeonholing him already as a safe, solid etc. type player. If we start getting early ball out that way more often it'd be interesting to see what he can do.
And by the same amount of games we were pigeonholing Ramien as "a flop, useless" etc.

I'm not saying Tuala isn't a good player with good potential, all I'm saying is it'd be good to give Moga a run and see what he can do.

Moga most certainly wouldn’t of made any of the try savers that Tuala has made one on one so far since the league has returned. Defence wins premierships not big, raw athletic guys that can run the ball but not tackle.

Bronco's are due to go to town on someone with their big boys, lets just hope its not us.

Hopefully Obi sends someone out to deal with TPJ as well, no doubt he'll come in with bad intentions.

Moga at his best is a beast in attack and defence and can be unstoppable , he wasn't touted to be the next Izzy for nothing ..I would love to see him fit and earning a start with his training BUT if I was coach except for Fitzy coming in and Guerra to the bench I would show some faith in the team and leave it as it is.

Moga at his best is a beast in attack and defence and can be unstoppable , he wasn't touted to be the next Izzy for nothing ..I would love to see him fit and earning a start with his training BUT if I was coach except for Fitzy coming in and Guerra to the bench I would show some faith in the team and leave it as it is.

Moga really isn’t good at defence. His decision making is shocking.

Back